troycctv

Need inexpensive Day/night home surveillance camera/setup

I am looking to monitor my home/cars/cul-de-sac from my garage after getting my car stolen. I want day/night color/bw system and I dont really want to spend more than $500 for it. I have read all the posts and the Toshiba IK-6400A and the Vitek VTC-C594 cameras seem like sensible low cost solutions. Any comments on these or other cameras. Also I only need one camera setup so I would like to get a cheap capture card and some cheap software to go with it. I did see some software out there that only captures the video when there is movement ant this interests me.

We have used a usb capture device from Grandtec called Walkguard, this comes with motion detection software & is cheap but seems to work ok.

Avtech 4-ch DVR and any color or BW bullet camera for a stand alone solution.

Check out the Iview 4 channel DVR card, or the GEO 2 channel/4 channel cards, for PC based.

I cant personally recommend the Day Night (and definately not any Color IR cameras cause thats just a myth) cameras that dont have a switching IR Cut Filter as the image is so bad, but thats up to you. The ones that do have it cost alot more than your budget seems to allow.

For a single-channel setup, you could use a KT&C KPC650BH 600-line black & white camera (.0003 lux for low-light) and the ACTI SED-2100 streamer. Acti's streamer comes with software that actually works; motion-detection, etc. We've used this setup for remote surveillance via internet using DSL at both ends, with very little downtime. Drawback lies in low frame-rate via internet, but that shouldn't apply to monitoring a garage on-site. Impressive resolution too...

Locate the camera outside and streamer and a PC running XP inside, and you're all set.... total may run a little over $500, but PM me if interested and I can get you specifics & demo you this setup via internet...

Another option may be the new Video-Insight 4-channel USB capture setup, with KT&C'c camera for low-light. You could add another camera for the daytime color viwing, and still have room for 2 more... also assuming you have a PC running XP... hoping to receive one of these by 9/17 to test...

What about this setup. Ganz with computar is supposed to be a good. This ZC-Y30NH4 seems good. I do have street lights and lights on the outside of my garage so I guess I just need a low light camera. I would also like the ability to capture color at least during the day.

$290

http://reliablecctv.com/cctv+cameras/high+resolution+color+cctv+cameras?sort=4a&page=3

$120

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815100121

$30

http://www.gotchanow.com/text/g30f.html

gotcha now, horrible software ..

Kworld, never heard of it, I think its some cheap retail thing found in Sams Club, Kmart etc..?

Ganz decent cameras.

That Yh30 isnt a low light camera though, with the 32X on it will be too bright in the day time .. The GEKTC840CE is a low light EXview color camera though, does the job. But if you have decent lighting the Yh30 will work. its a wide dyna mic camera so its really for another type of application.

But those cameras require a housing and lens, so the price goes up, dont go cheap on the DVR also, especially if you are using expensive cameras. . otherwise just get some cheap color bullet cameras for now .. then as you see what lighting you have or what you want to do, get more of an idea, then change out the cameras for better ones..