fel1976

GV-1480 CRASHING

Hi all.

i have a client with gv-1480 runs 16 cam for last 5 years.

its working totally fine ,running ver 8.5 for last 6 month,no issues.

recently start crashing the pc ,check everything already,hard drives,memory cpu ,all in good working condition.

its crushing only when recording with lot of movements .if no body in the place and its recording ,no problems,only when all 16 cameras recording.

any ideas ????

thanks a lot.

If you've already ruled out the items as you mentioned, then your DVR card may be the culprit. I've got a GV1480 with 13 channels and it's just over 5 years old and haven't had any problems yet, but things break over time.

Maybe disconnect half the channels during peak time and see if it still crashes?

well,running now 13 cameras same time ,so far working good .also i think maiby one of the hard drives cosing the issue

testing now

client is not very happy with solution ,but need to run all the cameras the same time .

what does your windows log says?

That will be where you will find the exact reason.

my guess is one of your RAM sticks is bad if it only crashes on high activity.

also try putting page file on another partition than your OS install.

but again before you start swapping hardware learn how to use the event log to find your problem.

well,my event log show nothing in windows.this is annother problem

is dvr it self have any log file option ???? try to search but no result

well,its just crash on me now after add another camera to recording

so far its was working on low trafik,as soon add few more,bym,crash

every time need to reboot pc ,nothing alse is working .

is it any option to test dvr card for errors ??

also its load the cpu almost over 90%

but i diid crash test on the cpu with some utility and its pass woth no problems,also durring recordin memory test show no more than 35% loading.

dont know what alse to do

i would also go with RAM. also are you running your system to max. try changing some to cif and turn down fps and see if it still crashes

No blue screen. Just frozen. All the cameras on motion detec only. Need to try make simulation of the problem put all the cameras on full recording. About harddrives only one is attached to the system. Its meen system recording to one hard drive Only.

Ram during recording is only 35% load. CPU is almost 100% but as i sad before. I run crash test on cpu. No problems. System is running on 8.5 version for almost 2 years. One change has been made other company installe pos units. Dont think its can be a reason.

One change has been made other company installe pos units. Dont think its can be a reason.

yes it can be the reason. is it the geo box used for the POS ??? and how many are being used.

if you only have 1 HD them that can also be a problem with geo pos. you may need to add more Hard drives and direct pos data to that. also how many days is the POS file holding the data before it dumps it

well,not sure what model of the box,has been installed by another company,but its have been done more than 4 month ago

so far i think its 4 USB devices is plugged to PC in device manager its show GV-SERIES USB PROTECTOR,not sure what is it ,this devices working true tcp/ip ports

5 hard drives installed in the PC,I also tried to remove this drives from dvr soft ,try adding one by one and each time different ones.

today i make a small change as well,change codec compression from Geo mpeg4 to Geo h264

could tested only on the weekend when will be more traffic,its in the lounge bar.