thewireguys

Packing for ISC 2012

O/T

Just asked the chap that supplied my cameras for pricing on the new 3/5mp H264 avigilons. The manual set up of the existing 5mp was by far the most annoying bit of my setup, so would be good to use the auto focus/zoom models for the rest of the cameras.

Im not convinced of the quality of the picture Im getting from the current 5mp with its lens (cant recall the make/model of the lens) so am keen to see the difference on the auto zoom/focus ones. If the auto is better than the manual one I currently have, I shall be replacing the manual focus one with auto and relocatin the manual version to another location where a pixel perfect shot is not as important to me.

O/T

Just asked the chap that supplied my cameras for pricing on the new 3/5mp H264 avigilons. The manual set up of the existing 5mp was by far the most annoying bit of my setup, so would be good to use the auto focus/zoom models for the rest of the cameras.

Im not convinced of the quality of the picture Im getting from the current 5mp with its lens (cant recall the make/model of the lens) so am keen to see the difference on the auto zoom/focus ones. If the auto is better than the manual one I currently have, I shall be replacing the manual focus one with auto and relocatin the manual version to another location where a pixel perfect shot is not as important to me.

New 3/5 MP will be avail in May

Pricing will be avail sometimes in Apr

looks like the new h.264 3 and 5mp will be 3-9mm for the time being. I'm guessing they are not pushing the higher zoom lens to give the 2mp a last hoorah for the time being. bleh!