WildCard

Need screenshot of desktop ftp'd every minute - doable?

Customer has a geovision 1000 with 11 cams, and wants something setup to get a screenshot of their desktop on a webpage every 30 or 60 seconds.

Anyone know a way to take a screenshot with XP Pro, convert it to JPG or some other compressed means, upload it via FTP? Would be nice to increment the newest save - and have a PHP script just display the newest pic on the page.

Thanks guys,

-WC-

Sounds like you want software ... but if you can use a camera, a Zoom camera will work, we use it in the Alarm Central Station ..

If you are okay with Visual Basic code there are some examples of doing screen shots over at www.vbcode.com , then you can make your own customized proggy.

Now you could use CamStudio, which is now named Captivate (formerly was Robodemo, and before that CamStudio), just set up a region and using task scheduler have it auto run .. i still use Cam Studio dont know what the newer ones are like, this does it for me, though I hardly use it anyway, and just recently found out I could write my own .. so ..

(thanks jeff)

Edited by Guest

You might try a old copy of ivista like 3.1 . Its a webcam program that will transmit the desktop. Install it without selecting a capture card and set it to a different port that geo.