wozzzzza

Have scenario, what would be a good day/night camera for it?

I have a pool area 40m long from where the camera will be mounted and 30m across.

I want to be able to get a good analogue day/night camera 24VAC around 560TVL atleast that will see OK at day and night in pitch dark with the aid of infrared LEDS i will place around the area to illuminate the place for the camera.

The camera will be outside and exposed to the elements but under a small cover, but will get splashed by heavy rain when windy.

I dont know what type of camera to get, anyone recommend a decent one they ahve had a good experience with in similar situations. whether a dome or a box type camera in a container, i dont know whats best, help me out a bit.

Needs to be reasonably secure so it doesnt get flogged in seconds.

Here you go: CNB VCM-24VF

Dual-voltage, 600TVL, 2.8-10.5mm varifocal, IP66-rated vandal-resistant dome (put it out in direct weather if you want). Outstanding low-light performance with minimal ambient light, or add some external IR illuminators, or better, low-power motion-activated floods.

Looks "okay" except it's "electronic day/night", meaning no ICR filter. Minimum illumination day or night is 0.05 lux, whereas the CNB listed above is 0.05 lux in day/color mode, 0.005 lux in night/B&W mode... meaning you get a WAY better picture at night. Also, since it probably has a fixed cut filter, the Samsung won't be able to take advantage of IR illuminators.

The Samsung also doesn't include a lens, and being a box camera, you'll need an outdoor enclosure for it, so factor the cost of those into your total.