grillzg

DVR Networking: Lvrweb

Hi guys,

I have a "brandless" H264 DVR. The cameras are all working fine and i can view the camera on my local network.

Its the remote surveillance that i am having problem with. I have 3 port numbers on my DVR: HTTP Port, Server Port and Mobile Port.

I have opened all these ports on my router, I have also setup a DDNS but I am unable to connect to the DVR from outside the network.

I would also like to know about a client for my android phone if any around.

Thanks so much!!

Jan

Are you sure the port forwarding is setup properly?

Test your ports here: yougetsignal dot com

Are you able to connect remotely using your public IP Address?

yes the port forwarding is set up fine. I can see success port is open on canyouseeme dot org!!

I am still scratching my head on this..

A few months ago I ran into this same situation with a router from AT&T Uverse and it was driving me nuts. What I did to make it work was to configure the DVR to receive an IP address via DHCP, then set it statically in the DVR and used it with the port forwarding configuration. Been working fine ever since.

yes the port forwarding is set up fine. I can see success port is open on canyouseeme dot org!!

I am still scratching my head on this..

I am pleased that your DHCP is not allocating that IP address to another device on the network as it is in the DHCP range

of the router, however if it has been working fine ever since your particular router is ignoring it and not allocating it to another device or you'd have a conflict. I believe that there are a lot of routers that will create this conflict so you should really allocate an IP address with device identifier over 200 - 240 or whatever the upper limit of the DHCP range is and set it to static. You can also check that you have correctly set up the rules with suitable port forwarding (use TCP IP if you have the choice) and check that these correspond with the settings in the DVR.