erickol

HDMI and Remote Control Extender

Hello, I been doing some research about the HDMI extenders since I want to install a monitor away from the DVR. I was wondering if the HDMI+IR extender are the right option to extend a HDMI signal but also the Remote Control access since I want to manipulate the DVR with the remote control where I have my monitor. Also I´m looking for additional information on how the IR extenders work since I have no idea if they would be compatible with my Q-see QT4532 DVR. Thanks for your help.

I bought an RCA + IR over cat5, for $60 and worked well. Changed tv to HD so now using same converter w/ a 25' bluerigger hmdi running along side, HMDI so much better on a Zmodo!

I bought a HMDI + IR over cat5, will be in tuesday for the unit next door. Paid $25, will see how it works, will post. Bought both on amazon...

An IR extender work on about anything. It is just a small 1/4" receiver, boosted over cat5 & then up to a little 1/4" transmitter. I cannot see it not working on any CCTV DVR. You tape the transmitter on the DVR where the IR sensor is. stick receiver below monitor to catch you remote control, real easy...

If set up correctly an IR Extender will work fine. Typically the transmitter connects to your source and the receiver is placed in line

of sight right by the TV. I use HDMI Extender solutions for runs over 200ft. There are very few Companies that have solutions for extending HDMI over 200ft. I recently purchased a couple of long run HDMI Extender units from KVMSwitchTech and they work well.

If you want a quality HDMI Extender product with 3D, IR and RS232 support I would recommend KVMSwitchTech. Being an installer I have used a few of their products and they work great.

I used a HDMI over Cat6 extender for my system. I had an IR extender that works with single band signals. Got it from monoprice for under $20.