max339

block cameras

Does anyone know where I can get good info on block cameras? I know that Sony makes some models, but who else makes them? What are they used for? I'm just doing some research and am not sure where to begin.

Thanks for any info.

Ahh, okay, they are simply camera modules for PTZs as far as I can tell.

EG. for OEMs. Only block camera you'll probably find is from Sony as thats just a name they called theirs.

-------------------------------

http://www.photonics.com/spectra/features/XQ/ASP/artabid.341/QX/read.htm

Small Block Cameras Tackle Tough Tasks

by Jo Ann Vozeh

They go where humans can't. Sometimes they go where no camera has gone before. Often they go where they can't be seen. And what they see (and enable us to see) is revolutionizing the use of video cameras in the industrial, law enforcement, scientific, recreational and related environments.

They are block video cameras -- so named because, in essence, they're the blocklike guts of a camcorder, minus VCR, viewfinder, housing and battery. Block video cameras include a built-in lens with autofocus, zoom and auto-iris features. They evolved from camcorder technology as a way to give maximum flexibility to manufacturers who were integrating video cameras into different applications and solutions. Today they're used in surveillance, inspection, law enforcement, robotics, dome security -- even photo sticker machines in retail stores. . . . Article End

-----------------------------------------

Edited by Guest