tomdlgns

multiview issue

this is one reason that i am puzzled by GeoVision and their software.

scenario...

user has a PC...off site not connected to any networks (via VPN) that i am trying to connect to

site 1

site 2

site 3

site 4

site 5

on the users PC, i have installed and configured the geovision multi vew program. all sites can connect w/o any issues when i double click the program and select them from the drop down menu (i logged in initially with site 1 and went to the add server option and added the other 4 sites, host name, ip, ports and i clicked SAVE.

for anyone who is familiar with multiview you know that on the right hand side you can expand your hosts and normally you can double click on any host and the cameras for that host should launch in the window. this is not my first time setting this up and i have triple checked the information (which i know is right because if i launch the program and choose site 4 from the drop down, it loads w/o any issues.

when it does fail, i see the following message in red in the multiview program.

"password error....login failed"

again, not sure how this is possible, when i select from the drop down menu when i first launch the program it connects and i see all the same.

very, very strange.

also, login from Internet Explorer works w/o any issues.

thanks.

Wish I had only 1 reason to be puzzled by GeoVision software.

Multiview is a shabby piece of code. They really need to upgrade it some day.

I tested out GV-NVR 8.5.4.0 Multiview and was amazed to see they still don't have multi-monitor support (web version at least).

Maybe some day.

Wish I had only 1 reason to be puzzled by GeoVision software.

Multiview is a shabby piece of code. They really need to upgrade it some day.

I tested out GV-NVR 8.5.4.0 Multiview and was amazed to see they still don't have multi-monitor support (web version at least).

Maybe some day.

rather than saying this is one reason, i should have said this is another reason...

i am glad that it is not just me.

the really sad part is that it was working at some point and one of the sites that i monitor/admin has a savvy user who called me for some help and i am having a hard time convincing that person that the code is having issue when it has been working fine for the past x months.

haha, those are the things that make me laugh. we literally changed 0 settings.

oh well...that's life.

update

i deleted all of the hosts from the setup/config screen in multiview and added them in, again.

everything worked for one login attempt (connecting to each location one time) and after that i get the same results.

and just to confirm, i have the latest gv software (i think it is the latest, i got it from their site a few months ago).

when i test it on another computer, i get the same issues. this doesnt make any sense. i dont even think i have dont any windows updates on the other geovision systems.

what i cant figure out is how it stops working (on multiple PCs) when nothing was changed?

very strange.

thankfully logging out and logging in, selecting a diff site, still works (with the stored credentials) or else these owners might start to move away from GeoVision.

actually, i have already started moving them away from GeoVision, but some of the sites won't be upgrading for a long time, so we are stuck with GeoVision at those locations, for now.