Sign in to follow this  
chongsparks

PTZ Joystick control and DVR control help

Hi All,

Im in need of a bit of advice,

What i want to do is control the PTZ via the jostick controller when at home but also be able to control the PTZ via the DVR when not at home using online software ?

Is there and way i can connect both devices to the same PTZ and have them both work as they should ?

Many thanks in advance

CS

hi. yes you can............ but you will have to give more information first to see if the equipment you have supports PTZ control via your remote software,

what make is your DVR/NVR

does everything work local.

how will you be viewing .....PC/ mobile ??

Hi,

I have a 16CH Dahua LE-AS series DVR, it does support PTZ as it has PTZ A/B output on rear.

I will be using both mobile and pc depending on where i am at the time.

The dvr will control the ptz on its own and the joystick will work the ptz on its own.

I have not tried both wired together as im not sure how to wire them

I just used A & B either at the dvr or at the joystick. ideally id like to wire them both up permanantly so i dont have to keep swapping cables every time going away from home.

Many thanks

CS

hi just connect your PTZ data cable to dvr A & B and run A & B from your controller also into A & B on your dvr (so as you have 2 cables in each of A&B)

Hi Tomcctv,

So i run a/b from joystick controller to a/b on dvr then from a/b dvr to a/b ptz,

1 pair at controller,

2 pair together at dvr,

1 pair at ptz.

Is this correct ? sorry if im sounding a little dumb, i just dont want to damage any of the equipment so im just making sure this is what you mean.

Many thanks

CS

Hi,

I conected as said above but if the joystick is connect the dvr can do nothing. the dvr, pc or mobile phone will only work if i unplug the joystick..

any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

CS

hi sounds like a old type controller in which case you need to terminate either via dip switch or resistor.

which controller are you using ??