nickCR

Halo on IP7330 at night

Hello All,

Haven't had any problems with our system for quite some time however we have always had a bit of a problem with a "HALO" on the cameras in dark areas.

I suppose this is from the IR LEDS reflecting against the glass, but seems rather strange to see this problem. The HD cams have better leds, but they have much better lighting in the area so the IR is barely used.

The provider we got these from says (he recommended them) says that this is perfectly normal.

Attached are the images.

Any suggestions.

image003.jpg.defbc5d155123a43f297c34b0059684f.jpg

image004.jpg.a265469330c315b036d240045e366c14.jpg

image005.jpg.ac7c983187dba36bc4611ebc7ddb4f3d.jpg

Check what they use as a seperator between the lens and leds, could just a foam donut that has deteriorated and you'll need to get a replacement from Vivotek or make your own. If it's still under warranty, you can go that route

Check what they use as a seperator between the lens and leds, could just a foam donut that has deteriorated and you'll need to get a replacement from Vivotek or make your own. If it's still under warranty, you can go that route

Great suggestion thanks!

But to just clarify this isn't normal behavior for these cameras correct?

I've got some IP8332 night pics up here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11322&p=188429#p188429

The target is a lot closer, so any IR halo is diminished by the IR reflected from the building, but I don't have much of a problem with it or my other IP8332. I believe the IP8332 is pretty similar to the IP7332, and mine have the foam donuts as the only separator.

My Messoa has plastic rings glued right on the front glass, as well as a foam donut that fits inside the ring and around the lens. That can help give a little overlap if the donut's not right against the glass (but it keeps me from using fatter lenses).

That said, at least one other user has been complaining about halo on an IP8332, so it may be they changed the material at some point (mine are older cams), and it shrinks faster or doesn't stay in place as well. It would take comparing them side by side to know for sure.

I can see the ring on your camera. Also that camera does have quite a few differences at least in functionality with this IP7330 model. Specifically how the IR lights work. Anyway it doesn't really matter since the problem is related to the foam insert. We have a call into our provider to look at that.

I had/have the same problem on an IP8332. See thread here:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28691

I ended up getting a dedicated illuminator and turning off the one on the cam. Still annoyed because I shouldn't *have* to do that.

I'm now having focus issues on the cam so am going to take it down to refocus. When I do I may try the modification I talked about in the thread above (seal "hood" to front of lens with black caulk).