Sign in to follow this  
kaimanson

Cameras Floorplan Layout

Hi Guys,

thanks in advance for all the help " title="Applause" /> This is my first layout draft.

Cameras:

5- Qvis EYE-N35-FW-N Outdoor Eyeball Dome Security Camera 3.6mm 600 TVL.

DVR:

1- Dahua ESDV-ECONO-8 8 Channel Security DVR W/ H.264 Compression & D1 Resolution.

Video Baluns:

10- ABL-1P06-CPP, Leaded Push-pin Video Balun.

Power Baluns:

10- 2.1mm x 5.5mm Male CCTV Power Plug Adapter 10 Pack.

Cables video & power:

cat5.

Power Supply:

Monoprice 8 Channel CCTV Camera Power Supply - 12VDC - 13Amps.

I still have a few question regarding the cables. How many cables i need run from power supply to cameras and dvr to cameras.? I have read that 1 cat5 can run up to 4 cameras (video), and between 2-3 cameras (power) depending of the camera's spec.

Also I have attached a floorplan for the cameras location.

Once again guys, thanks for the help.

camera-floorplan.thumb.jpg.041f5b0f835f9b42d54d62a4cf1075db.jpg

Wow. Your floor plan is very similar to mine. Having doors and windows covered are important. Those are good hot spots for entry into your home. After you get those covered then you can start placing cameras to cover things that you would also like to see like maybe your yard or driveway. It's important to properly weatherize your cable terminations inside of gang boxes to keep them out of the elements so your install will last forever the first time you do it. I've also got the same brand DVR. Mine is the Dahua ESDV-FULLD1-16. I ran one Cat-5 cable per camera. I've currently only got 4 cameras installed. 6 of the conductors are used for power and the other 2 are left for video signal.

Just my thoughts.