quick_pick

powerline network adopter?

I am looking for a way to use two different routers that are in different rooms for the two camera's in the same room

That way, if something happened to one router, i would still have eye's in the room

Is using a powerline network adopter going from a camera in one room to a router in another room an option?

Also, is there any kind of wireless adapter than can be connected to a camera that is not wireless?

Thanks in advance

[if ya can't pick it in under two minutes, drill it]

Also, is there any kind of wireless adapter than can be connected to a camera that is not wireless?

Get a wireless bridge or "gaming adapter". I've used this one from Buffalo Technology, temporarily, while I was waiting for a network drop and it worked fine. Ran for about a month, 24/7 without a single problem and the camera was able to deliver a D1 stream at 30 fps consistently (I was running on a 802.11n network). This wireless bridge also provides 4 network ports, so you could run multiple IP cams from it if needed. If your camera is POE then you'll need to get a 802.3af injector as I am not aware of any wireless bridge that offers POE.

http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Technology-AirStation-Wireless-Ethernet/dp/B001QVN2NE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1335528961&sr=1-2

I've used powerline adapters, they work well. Their downside is you can't use a UPS or power strip and my cameras are all on UPS.

What brand of IP cameras are you using? Because really cheap Chinese cameras tend to have lousy WiFi radios that drop signal even when a room or two away from the router. I've used low end Axis WiFi cameras (M1011-W and M1031-W) in the same situations without any WiFi issues in 2 years in a vacation home where I don't have the luxury of resetting the camera if the WiFi connection gets hosed.

Get a wireless bridge or "gaming adapter". I've used this one from Buffalo Technology, temporarily, while I was waiting for a network drop and it worked fine. Ran for about a month, 24/7 without a single problem and the camera was able to deliver a D1 stream at 30 fps consistently (I was running on a 802.11n network). This wireless bridge also provides 4 network ports, so you could run multiple IP cams from it if needed. If your camera is POE then you'll need to get a 802.3af injector as I am not aware of any wireless bridge that offers POE.

http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Technology-AirStation-Wireless-Ethernet/dp/B001QVN2NE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1335528961&sr=1-2

Another one which I use and works OK

DAP-1522 Xtreme N Duo Wireless Bridge/Access Point

I'm using a series of routers with DD-WRT firmware set up in a WDS MESH network around the house... I can plug a camera into any of them and it's online. Pretty handy!

Will NETGEAR WNCE2001-100NAR Universal Wireless Internet Adapter For TV & BLU-RAY http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122432 work?

I can get it for only $12.00 right now

As far as my having had tried to use a powerline network adapter, i tried to use tp-link tl-pa211kit

I plugged one adapter into the router in the office and the other one in the room the camera was in

The tp-link software on the computer the router is connected to recognized the camera as a "device" but i did not know how to put the camera online

At any rate, will the NETGEAR WNCE2001-100NAR Universal Wireless Internet Adapter For TV & BLU-RAY provide me a way to put an ip camera in one room online through the use of a router in another room

Thanks in advance

[if ya can't pick it in under two minutes, drill it!]

Will NETGEAR WNCE2001-100NAR Universal Wireless Internet Adapter For TV & BLU-RAY http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122432 work?

I can get it for only $12.00 right now

As far as my having had tried to use a powerline network adapter, i tried to use tp-link tl-pa211kit

I plugged one adapter into the router in the office and the other one in the room the camera was in

The tp-link software on the computer the router is connected to recognized the camera as a "device" but i did not know how to put the camera online

At any rate, will the NETGEAR WNCE2001-100NAR Universal Wireless Internet Adapter For TV & BLU-RAY provide me a way to put an ip camera in one room online through the use of a router in another room

Thanks in advance

Yes, that should work. For $12 it's worth the try!

Still don't understand what you are trying to do. Is the camera that you are trying to connect not a WiFi camera? If so, then the refurb Netgear adapter should work, albeit refurb sends a red flag to me.

You have two routers, are they both on seperate internet connections on seperate ISPs? Is one plugged into the other? Are they both WiFi? If they are WiFi, are you having signal issues?

Two schools of thought on refurbished.

One being red flags because it already broke once or is used equipment, the other being a bench tech has checked it over and verified it's all in working order, so it should be better than a new unchecked product rolling off the assembly line.

I know some people who swear by refurbed products for personal use.

I'll buy name brand refurbished products from reputable sellers who treat returns just as new product returns. Amazon is a good place as long as you buy from an Amazon affiliated reseller (or better yet, buy from Amazon's own warehouse that sells used and refurbished products). I've never had Amazon not allow a complete refund or return of a product (even at their cost to ship it back), new, refurbished, or otherwise.

Still don't understand what you are trying to do.

Is the camera that you are trying to connect not a WiFi camera?

My IQinvision iq701 is not wireless

You have two routers, are they both on seperate internet connections on seperate ISPs? Is one plugged into the other? Are they both WiFi? If they are WiFi, are you having signal issues?

My two routers are independent of each other

Same isp, two different internet accounts [and two different internet bills]

The reason I want both camera's in the same room connected to two different routers is so that if one router goes down, and especially when each of the routers restarts all by itself w/my not wanting it to once each day, the camera connected to the other router will still be online

In reference to using a wireless adapter, something i realized is that i will not know how to configure it to my dyndns account, which is the same thing that happened with my powerline adapter

My thoughts on refurbs are that maybe the product has intermittent problems, the person sent it for warranty repair, they gave him a new unit, did a benchtest on the old one, tested fine but later has intermittent problems. I can tell you that a lot of WiFi equipment dies slowly, first droppping connections occasionally, then more as it dies. I bought a Phillips 23" TV from Phillips as a refurb. How can you go wrong, the TV was checked out by the manufacturer. But it was one of those intermittent problems where it worked for a few hours and then overheated and shut off, nothing they can test in a quick 5 minute test process. Phillips wanted me to ship it back at my costs, then send me a another refurb a few weeks later. So for $50, I would get another $199 TV. So I bought a new one, swapped the rear panel that had the serial number and returned it to a local store. Now some sucker will get 10% off on an open box buy which is really a refurb that worked occasionally. Don't be that sucker.

So now you know why I only by new stuff in sealed boxes

My thoughts on refurbs are that maybe the product has intermittent problems, the person sent it for warranty repair, they gave him a new unit, did a benchtest on the old one, tested fine but later has intermittent problems. I can tell you that a lot of WiFi equipment dies slowly, first droppping connections occasionally, then more as it dies. I bought a Phillips 23" TV from Phillips as a refurb. How can you go wrong, the TV was checked out by the manufacturer. But it was one of those intermittent problems where it worked for a few hours and then overheated and shut off, nothing they can test in a quick 5 minute test process. Phillips wanted me to ship it back at my costs, then send me a another refurb a few weeks later. So for $50, I would get another $199 TV. So I bought a new one, swapped the rear panel that had the serial number and returned it to a local store. Now some sucker will get 10% off on an open box buy which is really a refurb that worked occasionally. Don't be that sucker.

That's so wrong. Why would you even admit to this? To each his own I guess.

So I bought a new one, swapped the rear panel that had the serial number and returned it to a local store. Now some sucker will get 10% off on an open box buy which is really a refurb that worked occasionally. Don't be that sucker.

You better change you nick name

you are done here

and u want us to read your review

Wooow

Lost any and all respect

You "hijacked" my thread---the knowledge people who i was counting on to answer my camera/router question are now focused on the stupid things you wrote about refurbs

You are a very mean thread hijacker