magnus

want to build a nvr security system but need a little help

I have decide to go with nvr setup but i need recommendations on such things like nvr/ip cameras/poe switch etc.

Its for a small house, thinking 4 cameras on the outside and 2 on the inside to watch for burglers/babysitter. im think about $450 for the nvr w/o HD

I dont know anything about poe swithces but they seem pretty expensive. As far as the cameras $75 bucks would be nice but somehow i think that going to cheap huh? Might have to buy them 2 at a time

So the the complete system looks like i need...

1 nvr 4/8 Channel NVR? $449

1 HD (probably 1 tb) Western Digital RE4 WD1003FBYX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Enterprise Hard Drive $134

1 poe switch (my guess is that i wont need any balun) Cisco SG100D-08P 8-Port Desktop Gigabit PoE Switch $158

1 500ft cat5e spool Cat5e Cable 1000ft Spool Network LAN Patch Internet WHT ebay $85

6-8 cameras (maybe try one with a mic and all bullet type to save on cost...what max MP can i get?)

Looks good?...im i missing some thing?

One thing to note on these NVR's is that they will only take IP cameras, not analog. If you want IP and Analog, take a look at our Hybrid. At this time, its tough to find any IP cameras that are under $100, but we will be having some 1080p domes come in this week priced at $200. Also, if you decide to use 3rd party cameras, make sure they are Onvif compliant, and just to be safe, let me know which brand and model you want to use so I can ensure compatibility.

1 poe switch (my guess is that i wont need any balun) Cisco SG100D-08P 8-Port Desktop Gigabit PoE Switch $158

[/i]/quote]

I can't find the watts per port and total watts the PoE delivers on this switch. I have looked all over Cisco's website and all over many vendor websites and no mention of this critical info.

Anyone know these specs?

The datasheet on it states power consumption is 1.25A at 48VDC, or 60W total, while the non-PoE models are 1A @ 12VDC, or 12W... which means the PoE portion requires an additional 48W from the power supply. Divided by eight ports, that gives you about 6W/port... meaning that like most other switches in its range, it's probably designed to provide full power (15.4W/port) for up to four ports, or half-power to all eight. Which in reality should be more than enough for most cameras out there, as long as you're not running a heater/blower, or IR arrays that can be seen from space.