Sign in to follow this  
jorgejanifer

Image, not refresh

I have connected my IP camera with Dyndns and I can watch my home from anywhere but the image does not refresh at all. This is a Loftek ip camera with pan tilt and when I move it i need to refresh the browser to be able to watch live images. In my LAN it works fine and when I move the camera the image I see is moving as well. Any suggestions on how to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

I have connected my IP camera with Dyndns and I can watch my home from anywhere but the image does not refresh at all. This is a Loftek ip camera with pan tilt and when I move it i need to refresh the browser to be able to watch live images. In my LAN it works fine and when I move the camera the image I see is moving as well. Any suggestions on how to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

hi. sounds like you have a port problem. having to refresh sounds like you are using Java stream (you will also be getting a small image)

What is WAN connection? Obviously if you're using a celluar 3G or low end DSL, it could simply be a bandwidth/latency issue.

What client are you using to view? Internet Explorer with the ActiveX control or Java? Java App or Push? Chrome/Firefox browser?

Camera can be viewed from LAN but not from Internet.This may be a port forwarding issue, I think.

Quick check can be made by declaring the camera as your DMZ host and see if that improves the situation. Presume camera is password protected in itself as DMZ host would leave access to camera "open" to all.

If the camera can be accessed from outside of his network, then port forwarding is working. The camera not refreshing sounds more like a client issue or bandwidth issue (we need more info on what type of client he is using and what video stream is being used - MJPEG or h264). Some cameras, like Axis, use a separate port for remote access, in which case you have to specifically set that up in the camera (in other words, the normal port 80 for the webserver in the camera is separate than the port used to access the web server through the router in your port forwarding setting). I have set up several Loftek cameras and this is NOT the case (it uses the same port for both internal and external access). However, he may be using a Loftek model I'm not familiar with or a new firmware that has changed the way to access the camera remotely.

I would not recommend setting any computer or device on your network in the DMZ, unless you really understand what you're doing in terms of understanding which ports that can be used to hack into the rest of your network, and taking the necessary precautions. DMZ opens every port on that computer/device, so use with caution!

As for this issue of Loftek IP camera, I infer that you haven't forwarded the ports required for streaming media, but only static images.