gordonh

CCTV Camera Widget?

Does anyone know of a widget that would allow me to place a single camera feed on my desktop from my DVR?

I can set up a webpage to view the DVR feed but that requires me to have that browser at the front all the time. I use dual widescreen monitors and often have desktop space that I could still see whilst doing other things, if I could place a camera feed in there I would spot a movement and then go back to the full browser window if I want.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and a Dahua DVR.

Alternatively, is there a URL format that would allow my to stream a single camera to a window instead of opening the full interface?

I believe the Dahua DVR will let you pull an RTSP stream; if so, you could run VLC in a window to display the feed you want. It can be configured to run with no toolbars, no frame, floating on top, and start up with whatever size you define.

It looks like my DVR won't do RTSP, my fault for getting the lower end one I expect.

I just installed the PSS software and that goes some way to doing what I want as I can setup a view with a number of cameras above each other and just drag that to where I want it. I did think 'great idea lock it to stop it moving/closing' and then the damn thing shot to the middle of the screen DOH!

Thanks for the try though.

Well if I minimize the window I will no longer be able to see changes in the footage.

I can have a browser open with the feeds on it but a tidier solution would be a simple screen without all the extra bits/buttons around it, and even better if it could be locked to stop accidental closing.

Well if I minimize the window I will no longer be able to see changes in the footage.

I can have a browser open with the feeds on it but a tidier solution would be a simple screen without all the extra bits/buttons around it, and even better if it could be locked to stop accidental closing.

intended "restore down" - typed minimize...

When I saw this post I almost immediately though about our friend Rory.

You might consider checking his website and see what you find. If he doesn't know how, I don't know who does. " title="Applause" /> He might know as much about Dahua as the company's engineering department.

Every time I visit cctvforum.com I think about him and his contributions to this forum community. What a wonderful and unique person, as each is in their own unique way.

What about this?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26942&p=165010&hilit=dhsingle#p165010

its what I use and it works great.