Sign in to follow this  
mallik

Advice needed for system

Hello, I was looking to setup a video security system for a variety store, and I was hoping I could get some help.

To give an idea of the layout of the store, it is about 26 ft. wide and 45 ft. long. There is a walk-in cooler at the back of the store, and there is also an additional 15 ft after the cooler which is a back area for employees only. Outside the store there is an overhang, which is about 6 ft. out, that has the store sign and it covers the walkway in front of the store. The front counter is at the front-right of the store, and the front door is at the front-left. We may move the counter to the left side, maybe 6 ft. away from the door. Sorry if this is confusing. I'll try and draw a picture of it.

I called in somebody to check it out and propose a system. He proposed two high resolution cameras, one on the left and one on the right, near the back by the cooler. He also proposed a dome camera outside, mounted under the overhang. This would be to catch people as they're coming and going, and also to get licence plates.

Does this sound like a good setup? Because I have my doubts about having only two cameras at the back of the store. I mentioned this to him, but he said they would be high resolution (I think he said 600 lines), and you can zoom in and out. Can anybody recommend specific cameras to use, inside and outside? Also, what is a good DVR card? Or would a standalone DVR unit be a better choice? Also what would be the best way to be able to monitor the store from a house about 5km away?

Sorry if this a bit vague, but any help would be appreciated.