jaybirdy2k

eclipse dvr

crap? pretty quick shot, any usage data to support your claim? why is it crap? I have not used this YET and also want a decent opinion, not just "one word".

Rory. can it be viewed via the internet with any brower or does it require P software? and, what is the network speed? 10/100, both? cost? (950us)

From what I am hearing this unit is ok considering the cost. Not the best unit, just the best economy unit for the money spent.

tnx

AvTech makes solid 4 and 16 channel units for a low price tag.

Browser based and Client software, the browser based requires Internet Explorer, or at least ActiveX Support.

Network software isnt great, and being this is the same DVR i imagine its the same software. But for the price ..

Im working with an AvTech contact now on getting info to customize the browser's default HTML page, I already did customize it but it needs to be uploaded to the DVR as it will only load if its on the DVR server.

Network speed is 10/100. I dont know how much the Eclipse model is, and Im waiting on bulk pricing direct from AvTech then I can give you a price.

The regular AvTech 16 channel goes for around $800 approx. retail. So this MPEG4 one may cost a little bit more.

The reason that I say crap is that I had a couple of clients that had this units, and withinn 6-8 months of continous use they started to fail, some had no picture, others had a problem of when viewing a recording, you see it one time, and when you want to search for them again, the system says that there is no recorder events.

I mean, AVTECH does make good products for that price level, but I just don't understand why the eclipse branded ones failed like that, when the AVTECH branded never give any problems.

Eclipse "just" started selling this unit. They used HiSharp before, and before that something else. At least the eclipse guys in Miami. They actually have 2 decent DVRs on their list now, the nubix (active tek) and this one.

The nubix is a 4 channel, The 16 channel MPEG4 one should work, great local video. No real powerful netwoirk features, but it works. Have you checked out the remote software yet, or are you primarily concered with local video. Also, motion detection exists but it is limited.

Lets put it this way, AvTech make the best budget 16 channel DVRs I have tested, and at a lower cost.

have you used the avtech mpeg4 dvr or is there any other brands that work well for my price range.i am going to remotly view the dvr alot.thanks for your help.

Not that version, Ive used the version before this, but they tell me the network software is the same. I dont think Eclipse would be able to change that, besides putting their name on it. For multi view network software it is no good, but for single camera it is fine. Once again, cant speak exactly for the Eclipse model.

Also PM me to download the client software:

PM me for details on using the client software, and how to use the admin side of it. Note. This is not the browser software, this requires an installation.

Rory