HiroPro

New Home IP CCTV System with airCam

Dam I wish I knew about those before ordering that UBNT stuff.

I do though have a possible sale for it. A friend that runs a small store. That would be a great cheap solution with Blue Iris and I bet he jumps on it.

So I can recover the $800 bucks spent on that stuff.

Really. Hmmmm, pawning your mistake on someone else - a friend no less. You're not going to sell him the proper equipment for his environment? You're going to sell him your mistake so you can recover your $800? You're not so high and mighty afterall, are ya.....ehh. Just saying.....

rich people and their toys.

its not about what the customer wants, or really needs

I do though have a possible sale for it. A friend that runs a small store. That would be a great cheap solution with Blue Iris and I bet he jumps on it.

Really. Hmmmm, pawning your mistake on someone else - a friend no less. You're not going to sell him the proper equipment for his environment? You're going to sell him your mistake so you can recover your $800? You're not so high and mighty afterall, are ya.....ehh. Just saying.....

The reason I'm getting rid of them is the low light performance. Currently he has these Dlink cams from years ago and these would be a step up. He has one Axis at the front counter. There is really nothing wrong with those cameras less the FFmpeg encoder settings and the quality of the optics and considering it's open source I expect them to only improve. They are megapixel and built well for $100 bucks each.

rich people and their toys.

its not about what the customer wants, or really needs

What is wrong with UBNT cameras and Blue Iris! It's a hell of a lot better than those analog cams with embedded DVR solution frame grabbers like that Aver crap or the stuff they sell at Costco etc.

$700 bucks for SIX MEGAPIXEL cameras with PoE and injectors is a decent deal for "what it is".

What is wrong with UBNT cameras and Blue Iris!

You said it yourself: low light performance, FFmpeg encoder settings and the quality of the optics.

Good points guys!

BUT

They are a $100 bucks each! and with the firmware being opensource one can only expect a third party one that's really tweaked to come out. What I really want to do is rip one apart to get an idea of what embedded solution they are using.

I guess it's easier to just SSH into the thing and take a look ehh!

UBNT is also going to come out with "pro" models that should be a lot better in terms of interoperability and optics quality.

Also from my understanding they are rewriting the NVR/VMS from the ground up and it should be a lot less CPU intensive.

Have you guys seen sample footage and the NVR/VMS software in action?

Again I'm sorry if I insulted any of you.

Please lets move on to CCTV and IT talk!

cck4_YoQ3Ac

nJs9HgPJnXc

UuqVTkUBszs

And here is a sample (conversion to VP6 codec would hurt quality so it's even better in person/native H.264 playback)

OTN_z7XTFa4

IMHO that's not bad 720p video quality and frame rate for a $100 dollar outdoor rated camera ehh...

And here is an iOS app being developed third party for the system.

lwtqqsOnB4c

Every major NVR/VMS I checked has a "universal" cam driver with RTSP support and here are the details for the channels it supports.

1280x720: rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/live/ch00_0

640x480: rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/live/ch01_0

(ch02 and ch03 removed until future firmware release)

320x240: rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/live/ch02_0

160x120: rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/live/ch03_0

I guess I should post some samples.

Give me a couple hours and I'll get some samples for anyone interested.

Every major NVR/VMS I checked has a "universal" cam driver with RTSP support and here are the details for the channels it supports.

Why would you use Non routable 192.168 .... IP in your example

I am confuse

Why would you use Non routable 192.168 .... IP in your example

I am confuse

It's just a cut and paste from the Wiki bro!

I thought it obvious the IPs would be different in a deployment. I guess it should read rtsp://x.x.x.x:554/live/ch00_0

This is the setting in the server for the camera connection parameters not in the camera it's self. You can read RFC 2326 if you like for details on RTSP. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2326.txt

You basically set the NVR/VMS to:

Codec H264

RTP over RTSP (TCP)

Keep alive type "Default"

The connection URI "live/ch00_0"

RTSP port 554.

If your interested in these VERY CHEAP cameras then checkout the FAQ and Wiki

http://wiki.ubnt.com/AirVision_and_AirCam_FAQ#How_to_stream_AirCam_feeds_directly_using_RTSP

From my talking to Blue Iris he has a driver for it on his $70 dollar NVR/VMS software and can control cam settings from within his software. I can't see it taking much for other outfits to create one as well.

What is wrong with UBNT cameras and Blue Iris! It's a hell of a lot better than those analog cams with embedded DVR solution frame grabbers like that Aver crap or the stuff they sell at Costco etc.

whats better is something that actually works and does the job. not something that just looks pretty. you are new to the security industry, you will catch on eventually.

Can you please share why you have this opinion about Blue Iris and the UBNT cams? Another user here mentioned that Blue Iris ran for MONTHS without even a reboot. Everyone I've spoken to say it's very stable and mature. He will probably not be using any triggers and he doesn't need remote support and the HTTP server is fine for local intranet access.

I know it's hardly pro but for around $800 bucks it as least works.

You're suggesting it won't work? In what ways please... I don't want to screw my friend in anyway.

What is the problem with that setup?

Is this sample not good enough quality in your opinion? Focus is slightly off and my own samples are noticeably better in native codec and this is without the Russian ffmpeg optimizations and I'm sure will be incorporated into future firmwares.

OTN_z7XTFa4

Please share why you have this opinion about being "just pretty" and "actually works and does the job".

Can you please share why you have this opinion about Blue Iris and the UBNT cams? Another user here mentioned that Blue Iris ran for MONTHS without even a reboot. Everyone I've spoken to say it's very stable and mature. He will probably not be using any triggers and he doesn't need remote support and the HTTP server is fine for local intranet access.

it has nothing to do with blue iris or those cameras.

it has to do with your claim that everything else is crap.

you are new to the security industry, you do not yet know what is really crap yet.

Your response included even a quote from me regarding airCam and Blue Iris... How the heck am I going to know you're generally speaking to me as to my perceptions and nothing to do with the topic at hand IE Blue Iris and those airCams.

whats better is something that actually works and does the job. not something that just looks pretty. you are new to the security industry, you will catch on eventually.

WTH?

Also I didn't say "everything else is crap" brother!

What you talkin bout Willis!

Yeah I took a run at those cheap ass mainland "turnkey" systems with VERY CHEAP analog cameras and a frame grabber and any integrator worth his salt would agree. They generally cost with monitor and embedded NVR frame grabber about the SAME as this solution. I'm talking the stuff they sell at Costco etc with strange mainland china brand names and HORRIBLE manuals with poor grammar! The framerates and image quality of all of those types of systems I've seen are borderline USELESS. So yeah I guess I did say some stuff is crap. But I didn't say "everything else is crap" as you assert.

Why are you trying to bust my balls man!

As for my reactions to Avigilon and cynicism!

I mean come on! Every second tag I read is some dude that's a certified dealer and most suggestions point to it. My cynicism is understandable no?

Edited by Guest