guy999

how can i take a rtsp stream from a dahua dvr to send to dln

I am trying to setup a input on my tv's, all of them can stream dlna, so i'd like to take the rtsp stream for my front door and then send that to dlna so that I can just easily switch to that input if someone rings the door bell, right now if i'm watching tv I have to switch to the spot view and then wait for it to rotate to the front door and by then they have walked away.

any ideas on how to accomplish this.

I am actually in the process of putting in home automation so this might be a moot point in a few weeks, but for that I wonder if this is possible.

well i know it hasn't been awhile, but the idea is that i can stream a rtsp stream and I really want to have one of the inputs on my tv just display a live webvideo feed, anyone know how to do that

ok i'm going to go with it can't be done based on the lack of replies, do you guys have any idea of where else I could ask this question so that I could get a answer, maybe this isn't the best place to ask?

why u dont put door channel on 1 input TV - split from door channel cable to TV using T connect.

then multiview on other input?

else u need a device with software that can stream RTSP

why u dont put door channel on 1 input TV - split from door channel cable to TV using T connect.

then multiview on other input?

else u need a device with software that can stream RTSP

actually that's quite a good idea, currently i run 2 coax from my media closet down to the all of the tv's, and i use one coax for cable box,ie fios, and the second one is for the spot output, but i could just switch it and run front door only, but I would lose the ability to see the other's

I wonder if there are any of the live media boxes that can grab these streams?

like boxee or the WD live? and all you have to do is have that connected and switch input and connect to stream?

i'll google around later tonight.

dit you guys got this working?

i have an android stick connected to my TV and i whant to view my camera's on it but it doesnt work:(

gdmss hd works fine but the "device and favorite" is taking a lot of place on my screen and i cant hide it.

the other option i was trying is to use rstp stream with vlc for android but it doesnt work and i dont know why, the stream works with vlc on my pc....

anyone got some suggestions?

kind regards,

Dimi

In the Netservice menu you will see the RTSP default setting, (probably port 554) which you must open in your router so that when it is requested the video can respond. This has always worked fine when I have been asked to provide RTSP stream.

Nowadays I do it anyway because iit takes no time at all to open an extra port while port forwarding the media HTTP and mobile monitor ports.