mooka

Camera layout / type / opnions

Hi all,

Below is a self - proposed camera layout for my home. The dimentions of the lot are 150'x400' for scale.

I'm hoping to use as few cameras as possible while leveraging best of breed technology.

My research has led me to consider 180* Mobotix D14 for the North (top) south and east sides and a D14 Dual Dome for the West corner 90* to cover the front.

The property is well lit in the front with 8 ~ 75w fixtures.

The sides and back are poorly lit but the neighbor behind us has some strong floodlights that illuminate our backyard somewhat.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

1846216983_Homesurvelence.thumb.jpg.473191fa265e8f897f414f333f19b807.jpg

Hi,

Love your house (C= So private.

I ordered 6x d14 with day mm22 and night mm22 lens. I'd love 180 degrees, but need the night sensors.

Im facing the cameras at all my windows and doors. The cameras will be on the corner under the roof of my house.

According to your picture, it looks like u got it all covered (C=

What POE switch will you be using? I got the qstore qmx 40 backup with 4x2tb enterprise drives.

I ordered everything today online. Local installer will install each cam for $125 plus run cat5 tot he switch and one to my computer room on 2nd floor.

Good luck, man, I really love your yard and privacy.

calven

I did manage to get one camera installed. Running the Cat 5 proved a challenge. I have the 90* D14 camera setup out front with day and evening lenses. Attached is a screen capture, not really that impressive, but daytime looks real nice.

233719_1.jpg

233719_2.jpg

Its in progress, I wanted to see the results of one cam before making the investment in the rest, not too happy with the night time view.

Personally, if you don't mind spending a little extra, I recommend a VideoIQ solution for the home. I have one installed on my residence and we install them for locations where security is paramount. It allows you to turn the entire perimeter into an intrusion zone with reliable real-time alert.