Sign in to follow this  
mantle

IP Camera Recommendation for about $100 to $150

I am looking for an IP camera to use for checking in on the baby when at work. The price range is $100 to $150. Doesn't need to be high def. Audio would be a nice perk.

Any help/recommendations are appreciated.

What's worked real well for me, great picture, works well in low light, 1.3MP resolution, microphone is the AVTech AVN801 (review on my blog). Comes with free smart phone apps (IOS, Android, Blackberry) so you can view remotely from anywhere. It's $128 here (I never bought from them, so it's not a recomendation, just a place that offers it for sale) - http://www.123securityproducts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=AVN801&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

Another to consider is the Foscam FI8910W.

http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8910W-Wireless-Network-Camera/dp/B006ZP8UOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337111222&sr=8-1

Good picture, great night IR, 2-way audio and PTZ and wireless. I bought one to mess around with, I like it. Its fun controlling the PTZ from your phone. Negatives is that the fps is low (12 fps max is about it) and its not HD.

Hey Mantle,

I've always liked the Brickcom Cameras my self. I'd be happy to link you a camera from our site by PM that you may be interested in. It's got the mic you need to pick up your baby, plus a great picture and 30 fps. As an IP camera, you can check it from work, and I think it's an all around good solution for your needs. Seriously, I've always been impressed with Brickcom, they're really easy to use.

Good luck!