traysexy

12/24v ??

G'day guys..

Just recently got my hands on a KOBI camera (K-32CE-2P / cam95) although am having problems witht the power run.

The total distance is about 18m, using 12AWG cable for the power and RG59 for the video.

Firstly, if I use 12V DC I can get a clean colour image at the camera. Although, when I run 24V AC I can't get the power light on, so wondering if there is a switch somewhere, or the camera recognises and switches to 'AC mode'??..

So I've opted to use 12V for the time being, that is all fine.

Secondly, I get a clean colour image at the camera, although when I test the picture out with the RG59 extension, I get it in B&W..

There are two BNC video outputs at the back of the camera. One labelled Monitor and the other Video. Do both those outputs pump out the same power or am I better using one of them?

Thanks,

Peter.

make sure the camera is both 12vdc and 24vac. not all camer's are. check the spec sheet, dip switches.

color problem; check the connectrs, make sure they are perfect. run a second cable on the ground to eliminate a cable problem. reason why you are not viewing in color is the bandwidth is not being proberly passed.....cable or connector problem.

video & monito; monitor is for a seperate monitor. video is for the DVR/cable.

That was my original worry with the power. There are no dip switches that change between 12vdc or 24vac... Both seem to go into the same screw terminals at the back.

Do I ground the power cable or make a junction and ground part of the video cable?

Pete,

sorry, I read the reply wrong. I'll try running another video and power cable tomorrow. Still worried about my power supply issue if i'm giving it 24vac 1amp and still not getting any image come thru.

ground ONLY the main power supply and DVR. Do not ground the camera's. Potiential for Ground Loops increases if you do. Everything you connect and power should be tied back into the same APC/UPS. Some power supplies come with only a 2 prong, change it out to a 3 and make sure it is grounded properly......camera's are grounded via the connector shell and braded cable, back to the DVR.

you can save time by pulling the camera down and connecting it all in the room that the DVR is in. unroll enough cable to simulate the cable distance.

ac/dc.....if it's not clear that it does both, get ahold of the specs and check or list the model number here and I'll tell ya if........do not guess.

1/ You really should read the specs, you will damage the camera if you try to give it 24Vac and it only does 12Vdc.

2/ 24Vac is better for longer runs as the signal does not have such high and low troughs and therefore can run longer distances without losing signal.

3/ Normally a B/W signal is a signal that is not making 1v Pk to Pk try using a Distribution Amplifier or making sure your monitor is terminated.

4/ I do not think Kobi makes any cameras they simply OEM so it is probably not a reputable branding.