Sign in to follow this  
qman

Lens problem

OK here's the deal

I bought about 30 4mm Lenses from a OEM manufacturer in NY, they are the regular non-iris type. I got them 1/3" C/S/ mount. The cameras are 1/3" sensors. But when I hook them on, I get a blurry image, I tried focusing the lens, the back focus in the camera itself (moving the CS mount) and nothing fucking works!!! I tried a 6mm lens from same company, same specs, viola!, they worked fine. I did noticed that the 4mm had a little less glass than the 6mm, but I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Try a different brand camera if you can. If you are getting the same problem, presuming it is happening on all lenses, then you probably got a bad batch from the factory. Most likely the lenses weren't seated properly during assembly. Hope you can return them if necessary.

Well, the thing is that all other lenses work, 6mm and up, and i'm talking about 40 cameras.

still, did you try them on another brand of camera?

though it shouldnt make a difference,

I had before, 2 same brand cameras, one after the other, ordered different times like a month or so above, different lenses like 3 different brands I tried, neither camera would let me adjust the iris level, it was a messed up florescent color, the iris pot would move but nothing happened to the camera, no matter what settings i changed. I got a different camera all together after these 2, and the same leses worked fine on the new one, just bad cameras maybe, in my situation...

If it is for a dome camera, check the shank and see if it is the same length, if it is different by a fair way then that is your problem, we made the same mistake, their is also different thread patterns for Japanese Board Lenses. I bet thye 6mm and the 4mm have different thread shank lengths

... when you tried to focus the lenses , just what exactly did you do ?

There is a back focusing adjustment on most cameras that has nothing to do with turning the lense itself.

It is done by turning a screw on the camera body itself.