IanW

Hi, Can you recommend a DVR

Hi all,

First time poster, I work in a school where we currently have a mixed system.

13 IP Camera's managed internally by IT hooked up to a Dual core computer using Axis Camera Station, all the IP Cams are Axis, great quality images but only 7 days recording kept.

15 Analogue (BNC) Camera's Managed poorly by an external company, using a digital sprite DVR, service is poor and the quality of the images is laughable.

I have been asked to look into bringing the whole job lot in house, so I was leaning towards some sort of hybrid system, something that will allow 32+ inputs, 15 of which need to be analogue, with the flexibility to move towards complete IP eventually. I may be able to replace all the analogues depending on cost, current analogues are 3 external PTZ and 12 Fixed cameras.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

P.S We are UK Based.

Thanks

We just upgraded to a 16 ch 3xLogic. You might want to check out their hybrid products. Simple and effective GUI. They only deal through intergrators though.

Hi. good choice using axis cameras. a good brand camera can be added to the UK school watch scheme in the holiday times.

15 Analogue (BNC) Camera's Managed poorly by an external company, using a digital sprite DVR, service is poor and the quality of the images is laughable.

this could be down to the age of your DM dvr you will find it is only cif Resolution or only set at cif.

great quality images but only 7 days recording kept.

31 days is the norm for footage in the uk. and on a 32 way hybrid you will need 8tb in a school. but as the school has there holiday times you will get 70 to 80 days (as the internal cameras are not recording all the time)

one unit to take a look at is the aver 32 hybrid.