bhkla1

rf notch filter to all but one coax feed

I have my CATV that comes into the home, Im then notching out channelss 64-70 an rf modulate video cameras in, two of the cameras are interior cameras and Their is an attached Apt for live in help, What Im trying to do is have the apt coax feed not see the modulated cameras. Here is what Ive done and where im stuck..

before the rf modulation I split the signal one feed apt, one feed RF modulator

After the rf modulation, I go to the dist. amp which goes to all the tvs in the home. This part works perfect

I then figured ok Ill put another rf notch filter after the split to the apt which would reason would notch out even my rf modulated channels from it being bi directional. and then place another rf modulator just after the notch filter and have the DVR spot output go into that input and from their go out to the apt, Hence they can see the spot output but can not see all the other cameras since their interior and would rather have the privacy.

But whats happening somehow is its not notching the cable again before the apt, its almost as if it wasn't their and the apt still sees the 4 cameras, I had not inserted the spot cameras feed BNC yet figuring if I cant get a blank screen on that same channel then why complicate things more.

Notch sure if I should get or if they make a one way spliter so it doesn't allow feed back through the line, Any help would be appreciated.

If I'm reading it right, you do want the apartment to have the spot.

So, merge the the notched cable tv and the spot with one splitter, then split it out with another splitter, so they are back to back (two in and two out).

Run one output to the apartment. If you are only doing one TV you probably won't even need an amplifier.

Run the other output into something like a Channel Vision CVT-2/8PIA-II amplifier with a modulator input. These things work much better than trying to use splitters. (you could also use their 4 output version for the first step if you need more than one run to the apartment). Run your other Camera feed into the modulator input on the Channel Vision unit.

Now the house gets 8 outputs with all the channels including the spot, and the apartment only gets the spot.

thanks, I forgot one thing, i have 1 cable box that needs all channels that doesn't need cctv hooked up yo port 3 of a channel plus modulator that way any tv can go to that channel and watch all channels in case theirs something you wanna watch on a notched out channel.