CRSTECH

Dedicated Micros DS2A

Hey folks,

I have spent 4+ days on this forum scouring every single post, even the fight between DMInstaller and the other guy, but have yet to find a solution that works for me. Quick background: Been an IT tech for 15 years as a job and about 10 years prior to that as a hobby. I now support large networks from the Router level to the PC. I do know my way around a device for the most part.

I purchased a DM Sprite 9 CH with a 160GB Maxtor drive from eBay for around $100.00 shipped. Had everything even the remote. I am using this for home so it was more than enough. It worked for about 2 days. As I played with it to get it all set up it started giving me an error on recording. I can't remember the error now as it was prolly 2 weeks ago. Was just something about error recording. Once that popped up I couldn't do anything. I couldn't get out of the error to do anything else to the machine or find out what the issue was. It was popping up within 2 seconds of me clearing it. I had to turn it off.

When I turned it back on I got an error the hard drive was bad. I was pissed. I pulled the drive and put it up to my 2008 R2 server with a USB and found it was at 158.4 GB of space used. Ok that makes sense why it was throwing errors. I removed some of the 2005 video files and plugged it back in. Now I started getting the "Wrong FAT version" error. GRRRRR I start scouring the forums and do everything everyone says has worked. The formatting with "Fat32Formatter", the ftp, the unzip to the drive from Windows, everything. I did this to a new 320GB drive. Nothing! "Wrong FAT Version" eveytime. So I did a ghost of the original to the 320GB. Now it is block for block of the original. Same thing. GRRRR I'm really annoyed now. It never takes me this long to solve a problem. I'm aggravated!! So I plug the original in.... Same damn "Wrong FAT Version" error!!! WTF? I even try to access the unit VIA Serial port and get no response. I have tried as Master, as Single, As Cable Select as everything.

So I did the same steps all over again with the original drive and always the same issue. I'm ready to toss it. But I am thinking...could it be an issue with the board? I've seen that a thousand times in PC's. So I started searching for jumpers for the board. Those I can't find anywhere on the web. Anyone have any thought as to how I can fix this thing? I don't want to toss it. $100.00 is still alot of money in today's aday and age, well to me it is...

Thanks for anything you can think of. All the SPECS are below.

DM Digital Sprite 2

Model DS2A DX06C-160GB

PIN DM/DS2A/160/06

MB MP050615N067