vlsimujtaba

Optical Zoom limit distance

Could you please help me in calculating the Optical zoom limit distance for a ptz camera based on the focal length of the lens? Do you have any manual calculation or any website...

I have attached the datasheet, can you help me out ? I don't want to consider the height of the object, or something else, Just based on the focal length and the specifications given , wanted to know the optical zoom limit distance...like upto 400m or upto 300m or upto 900m how much it can see if you calculate ? The focal length is 122.4 so how much distance it can see?

specification.JPG.e9d30180038a0d36746f839cc373d379.JPG

I'm not exactly too sure what you are asking... Check out the Pelco Field of View Calculator... I'm prety sure that the focal length of 122.4 is the amount of distance it can see? Check out that calculator.

Could you please help me in calculating the Optical zoom limit distance for a ptz camera based on the focal length of the lens? Do you have any manual calculation or any website...

The "zoom" number is simply a ratio of longest to shortest focal length.

In the first one, 4.1mm x 18 = 73.8mm

In the second, 3.4mm x 36 = 122.4mm

Or conversely, if you have the focal lengths, you can get the zoom factor by simple division: 73.8/4.1=18; 122.4/3.4=36.

Beyond that, any FOV calculator will be able to give you the effective FOV at each end of that range.

As for "how far" a camera can see - that has nothing to do with the focal length. A camera can "see" to infinity or to the next closest object that blocks its view. At different focal lengths, it just becomes a matter of how much detail and in how large an area. Point that camera at the horizon and it will "see" just as "far" at both ends of the zoom... it's just a more detailed view of a smaller area when you zoom in.