Kamei

kalatel cyberdome on a vcl/maxcom/ademco/honeywell matrix

Hello,

Can i use a kalatel cyberdome 18x d/n camera on a vcl/maxcom/honeywell/ademco matrix. I have now 3 honeywell rapiddomes but i want to try now with a kalatel cyberdome. The only difference is honeywell is a rs-485 communication protocol and kalatel is rs-422.

But what is the difference between them?

Anyone already tryed or more info about this.

My understanding is that the difference between RS-422 and RS-485 is that RS-422 does not allow for multiple drivers, only multiple receivers (multi-point). RS-485 on the other hand allows for up to 32 drivers/receivers can be present.(multi-drop).

For you, the RS-422 to the Cyberdome situation will most likely require you to convert it to RS-485 using a KTD-312 Data Converter module. I may not be 100% on that part number, there are other models out now.

I also have little knowledge on the Ademco unit, it may already allow for connectivity without the data conversion. One of these other guys in here will probably be able to complete this answer and correct me where I may be wrong.

scottj

I've see to the module ktd-312 but it converst rs-232 to rs-422 and not rs-485 to rs-422. I don't now what you mean with multi-drop and multi-point.

Can you give an example to explain this better?

Thanks for the answers