Hey guys,

Hoping someone can tell me if I have to use one of IQinvision's lenses on there 800 series cameras?

I have an opportunity to get a couple cameras without the lens at a good price but, not sure if it

will be worth it if I have to buy special lenses to go with them.

TIA,

John

My IQ832N uses a standard CS mount lens. It's an outdoor cam with their eye-shaped oval enclosure, and the lens has to fit in the end part of the enclosure, but any CS lens will fit on the body.

The 832N is CS mount, manual iris, 1/2" sensor, so the lens would need to meet those specs, as well as physically fit in the enclosure. YMMV depending on what model you buy.

193276_1.jpg

My IQ832N uses a standard CS mount lens. It's an outdoor cam with their eye-shaped oval enclosure, and the lens has to fit in the end part of the enclosure, but any CS lens will fit on the body.

The 832N is CS mount, manual iris, 1/2" sensor, so the lens would need to meet those specs, as well as physically fit in the enclosure. YMMV depending on what model you buy.

193276_1.jpg

Thanks so much for the reply, MaxIcon.

I thought would be the case but, wanted to be sure. Seems like I always find out too late when I think I'm getting a deal

and find out later I have to put out more money than planed to get things working. I already got one cam, an 852. Only problem is its on its way back to the seller

because it was DOA. He's going to make it right with me. He has a couple others that I'm thinking about making an offer on. One is an 802 and the other is an 811.

If you know of any reason why I should stay away from either of these, Please give me a heads up.

Thanks again,

John

I chose the IQ832N because it had day/night switching, and was spec'ed for a higher frame rate at full resolution than the other 1080P models. I wanted more than 1MP (I have several 1MP cams) and going above 3MP loads down my NVR too much, so all these things made that model the right choice.

Mine also came with no lens (probably from the same vendor), but I have an assortment of CS lenses, which I like for the flexibility. Some of the older models don't do h.264, so it's worth comparing the details to see if anything's missing that you care about.

I'm still checking it out on the bench, and the native frame rate and video quality has been good, but Blue Iris drops the frame rate down a good bit. The low light sensitivity seems pretty good too, but I haven't done much serious testing yet.

I really like how solid it is (though it weighs a ton). This is my first IQEye experience, but so far, they seem quite good.