supratreo

did i toast my camera?

hi, sorry to be asking so many questions but i'm a little new at this.

i installed my Dahua and a new power supply and i'm having some problems.

i'm working with cameras that were already installed but the reason i changed the PS was because the person who installed the system wired 9 cameras to a 4 ch PS, now i have a 16ch PS.

anyway. i connected everything and powered up and noticed one camera was not showing up. i already suspected this one was having problems anyway. so i turn the power off, reroute my power wires to the surge protector and powered the system back up. this time i had another camera go off along with the one that was already not working. the DVR shows that it is recording but i don't have a picture. i changed inputs on the dvr but still no picture.

looks like the camera is a Arm Electronics c480mdvaivp-dn and think its 24 VAC. the thing is, the PS i replaced was 12VDC only. am i looking at something wrong?

any advice on this? thanks again

i'm 99% sure it is. if you google model number pwr-0400dc you will find mixed results though. but on the board itself it says "output 12DC each terminal".

also, i have another camera which i think is the same thing and its working just fine.