stonesmiith

Right cable for 100 foot run

I haven't been able to work on this in a while, but I got back to it last night. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who helped in this thread and apologize for my own ignorance. As we all know, the scenario I presented didn't seem to make much sense and definitely pointed at a connectivity problem. Last night, I took a close look at the RJ45 connector that comes out of the camera -- without my contacts on. It had some very subtle damage where I had pushed it through a too small hole when first mounting it. I decided to risk cutting off the manufacturer's RJ45 and putting another one on. That fixed everything! The camera now works perfectly and the picture is crystal clear. I'll post a capture shot later. Thanks, again.

I haven't been able to work on this in a while, but I got back to it last night. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who helped in this thread and apologize for my own ignorance. As we all know, the scenario I presented didn't seem to make much sense and definitely pointed at a connectivity problem. Last night, I took a close look at the RJ45 connector that comes out of the camera -- without my contacts on. It had some very subtle damage where I had pushed it through a too small hole when first mounting it. I decided to risk cutting off the manufacturer's RJ45 and putting another one on. That fixed everything! The camera now works perfectly and the picture is crystal clear. I'll post a capture shot later. Thanks, again.

Great! So glad you were able to figure this out.

AND it's great that you took the time to come back and let us know - could always be useful to someone in the future.