scout48

ReadyKey Pro Multiple Facility Codes

I have a bosch readykey pro access controll system. We are using 26bit wiegand prox cards. I got a steal on a new box of cards with a different facility code. I was under the impression that I could create a new card format in system administration, set it to the correct format, name it, and enter my new facility code and it would work. I did this, assigned a badge number to myself and in alarm monitoring I show access denied for wrong facility code. Anyone know what I am missing? I will happily answer questions and/or post screen shots. Thanks!

Carl

edit for more info: I get the feeling I need to figure out some way to specify facility code with my badge number... I could be way off base here, my experience is limited.

A little more info... I have this badge number assigned to me. When I look in alarm monitoring, it shows invalid facility code. If I right click on it and go to badge information, it shows the badge as not being assigned to anyone, so it definitely thinks that the badge number I assigned to me is with the other facility code.

Set up a card format to show bits 2-9, this will be the facility code.

Multiple facility codes should be entered under clearances I would assume, not under another card format. I'm not overly familiar with readykey but this is how other I've dealt with work.

Chris,

In my readykey software, facility code is asked for in the card setup. I can find nothing for clearances in the software. the help says my system can support up to 8 weigand formats. I have 3. My two and the system template I copy from. The template and my working format have bits 1-8 as facility code. In my software I have

CardHolders

Visits

Badge Types (employee, temp, visitor,ect)

Card Formats

Users

system options

Cardholder options

List Builder

a ton of pos/fire/alarms stuff we dont use

access levels

timezones

readers

access panels

Any ideas?

If you like I can pm you my contact info.

You are right, from what I can tell you should be able to set up a Card Format with all of the information you need.

The facility code should be bits 2-9, but I don't know if ReadyKeyPro ignores the first bit or not.

Set it up for bits 1-8, then swipe your badge and in the alarm monitoring it should trigger an invalid facility code and show what code it's reading. If it's not your facility code then try setting it to bits 2-9 and see what it does.

Programming cards is never a fun thing.

I almost forgot, make sure you add the card format to the reader. Looks like it's on the general tab of the dialog that comes up when you hit the Readers button on the tool bar.

I wasn't assigning them to the readers. You are a saint. Just for your info, readykey must be ignoring the first bit. My working settings are Facility code 1-8 Card Number 9-16. Thanks Again, you have no idea how much that helped me.

Carl

No problem.

The first bit is a parity bit, so some manufactures don't count it as part of the bit stream since it's all handled on their end regardless.