blowrabbit

pano 484 acting wako

ive got a pano 484 camera in a retail site running genises standard siamese cctv cable except when i power the cam thru the siamese line the picture goes nuts [static only] but when i power it thru a single 12 v. power supply it works fine. the siamese goes to a 16 channel 12 volt power panel with 4 other cams [ganz, sanyo]. i tried hooking up another camera to the siamese run in question and it worked fine? so why would this pano cam freak out on the power supplied in the panel but run fine on a seperate 12 v.single power supply? is it because the pano can run on either 24 or 12 volts?? the whole system runs thru a ge dvrme-640-a.

i tried the same thing at another site and same results??? i just have to run the 484 on a seperate single power supply, and i dont know why??

Check the Current draw of the Pano, and the total Amps of the Mutli Power supply. What make is the Multi Power supply? Take another camera off and see if the Pano then works. Whats the distance? Whats the guage of power wire used? Is the seperate power supply 12VDC or 24VAC? Does the camera have a switch for 12VDC to 24VAC?

Check the Current draw of the Pano, and the total Amps of the Mutli Power supply. What make is the Multi Power supply? Take another camera off and see if the Pano then works. Whats the distance? Whats the guage of power wire used? Is the seperate power supply 12VDC or 24VAC? Does the camera have a switch for 12VDC to 24VAC?

The Model wv-cp484 has a power consump of 4.7W; check if the shielded cable is grounded. The WV-CP484 is automatic power sensing (oserve polarity for 12VDC only. The Power Supply sounds like has poor isolation.

can i just reverse the 2 wires from the power panel to see if it is a polarity issue? the run is less than a 100' and wire is 18 awg. one power panel is a 16 channel 12 volt with 5 12v. cams and the other is a 8 channel power dist box 12v with 5 cams both have only the one pano 484. i will have to check but i dont think the pano has any switch regarding whether or not to run on 12 or 24 volt?