biptu

saving recorded files

there is a day i need to save or copy the recorded file, before it gets coppied over. I have a zmodo dvr and it doesnt look like i can save certain days on there, so i was wondering if there was some good shareware for my laptop i can use to save additional data. Zmodo will let me save imagesfrom recordings but not actual video

there is a day i need to save or copy the recorded file, before it gets coppied over. I have a zmodo dvr and it doesnt look like i can save certain days on there, so i was wondering if there was some good shareware for my laptop i can use to save additional data. Zmodo will let me save imagesfrom recordings but not actual video

I'm sorry but I'm lost???

If you have the network or 3g on, you can send images automatically to your email or phone in live time...

As for sending a whole day of video, you can email it out in sections automatically, but never done it. Always easier to just plug in the flash drive....

More details would be handy...

yeah, sorry that was a horrible message. I am able log in remotely and localy and take snapshots using my laptop and i found a way to download the video file onto my laptop but it is in .264 file format. all file converters ive found wont seem to covert it properly even the one recomended from zmodo. Anyway, zmodo never responds to their emails, so i might have to spend my day off on the phone. I was hoping there was an option on the dvr itself to protect or save data to prevent it from being recorded over.

I dont know about this particular DVR but most DVR's don't allow to just send security footage somewhere to the internet due to security reasons.

But Im pretty sure Your dvr has an option to turn off overwrithing HDD. This is a compromise: if the space on HDD will be 0, You have no recordings. If You forget to change HDD before it does, You have usless system.

As for format and conversion ( I understand that was the part of the question in first post) DVR manufacturer should give You proper player and perhaps .264 to i.e. avi converter. If not, try VLC Media Player.