BeachBum

QSee Alarm and Email question (doorbell)

Hey Camera Guys,

First time poster -- hardcore DIYer with a quick question regarding the Alarm and eMail functions on a Q-See QT series DVR.

I've got my whole house automated with a bunch of different systems (ISY-99i for lights, thermo, sensors, etc.), Elk M1 alarm, and the QT528 Q-See camera system... and a lot more, but that for later.

I am going to hook my doorbell into my Elk M1. This will give me loud speaker announcement throughout the house and a text message alerting me if I am not at home. I've got a Q-See camera overhead on my doorstep that is recording 24x7 (all my cameras are on continuous record). I can have the M1 alarm do a relay out at the same time to fire an alarm event on the Q-See QT528 DVR.

Ultimately, I'd like to get the DVR to email me the photo of my doorstep with the doorbell fires. If I set-up the alarm configuration on the QT to email me a snap when the alarm fires will this work? I have not played around with the alarms or email funcitons on the QT, but it looks pretty straight forward. Also, I assume it is OK to NOT have any record action associated with an alarm on the QT, since I am recording 24x7 anyway.

Thanks for any advice.

Mike