CHOPRAMO

How to embed live stream from DVR in web page

I am using a Hikvision 7304 HI-S at site.

It supports HTTP, RTSP.

I need help in embedding channel 1 from the DVR in a web page which can be accessed by anyone from any web browser.

I have no experience in HTML coding.

Could someone help me out.

Does your unit have looping outputs for each channel? I would recommend purchasing a standalone, single channel, h.264 video encoder with a network interface. This will give you a video feed that isn't bound by proprietary formats used in the DVR and will protect your DVR from being exposed to the web (could result in major security issues).

Thank you for the suggestion. Could you also help with the process of embedding the live feed in a web page

There is a good list of things about this here http://webdesign.about.com/cs/multimedia/a/aawebcams.htm I notice that I cannot post URL links here, perhaps as I am a newbie.

You'll need an FTP capable DVR which is capable of uploading the feed to your pages where (your server) resides. Many H264 DVR's can do this. Obviously, your internet connection will need to sustain the upload speed and bandwidth that you select. Upload speed is not the same as the download speed that everyone usually goes on about, my download speed is a paltry 1.2Mb and the upload is around 200Kb (we live in a major Scottish city that is stuck in the dark ages although my country cousins enjoy twice the speed only a few miles away). Even my 70-year old Mum gets 6mb and she only uses that for Emails.

Google 'FTP webcam' and you'll probably see many examples to get you going. It may take some time to get your head around the intricacies of your web page HTML coding and accessing the right server directories. You may need to also use a good FTP program to dig around on the server side of things rather than rely on Sharepoint Designer or Front Page to help you out.

Another option is to use a viewer directly linked to your DVR see this at http://www.robertwisbey.com/how_to_web_cam_wme.html if you are interested. A fixed IP address for your internet is useful to make things easier for you if you are going to do this.

Sounds like a fun project. When you get it all going, you can post back with your findings!