n0fx

Recommendation for a camera outdoors (home) w/ no light

I'm looking for a recommendation for some cameras. This will be used outdoors for a house that has 3 floors. I was looking into the VBM-24VF cameras, as I've used them before and they work really great in low light areas but my question is, what do you guys recommend if there is no available light in the area? I'm basically using these to see if anyone is entering the home via door or windows. The budget for the cameras will be around the same price as the VBM-24VF and obviously I need them to be analog. I know that most likely if it's completely darkness, then I would have to go with either a camera with built-in IRs or get a camera that doesn't have IR but install one separately but I feel that might be too bulky if I go that route, since it is for a home and not a business.

I'm not really sure if there is any available light around the house and I can't go there to visit because it's under renovations right now but I wanted to look for cameras now as I need to help a friend install them soon. I'm just looking for a good budget camera that has pretty good quality and reasonably priced (under 200 for each one).

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Lots of IR. More the better.

Big IRs can help also example an 8 mm vs 5mm.

Great, thanks!

Take a look at some of the cameras I'm using- my youtube channel is just below. Maybe that will help a little.

Thank you! I'll look at those videos as well.

Skip the IR - use the cameras you're familiar with and put a couple motion-activated flood lights in strategic locations.

i have IR cameras out side along with motion activated light. with the lights off, the IR is almost useless. with the lights on, its great. i would install lights if possible, that way you get the most out of your cameras and it wouldn't hurt to light an entry way for safety either.