two89w

CT-SRD-470D :: Samsung 4CH Linux Standalone H.264 DVR

The sad fact is that Asia still have slave labour & they mass produce with the intention that you will be replacing it in 5 years time.

Yep

good luck with 5 years

Hello,

No groovyman I am not promoting anything! I am simply trying to save someone a headache from buying outdated junk. D1 resolution is hands down better than .cif YES! If you want to disagree with that fact you have no right posting. Go look at recorded .cif and recorded .D1.

* CIF CCTV resolution is 352 x 240 pixels in size and is one quarter the resolution of D1.

* D1 CCTV resolution is 704 x 480 pixels and is the highest resolution the CCTV system can record at. High end digital video recorders offer this resolution and only the highest end recorders can offer D1 resolution at 30 frames per second recording.

Thank you,

George Boyle

No George - I never indicated you were promoting anything (read everything again). I just asked if you were indicating that video recorded @ D1 is much better than 4CIF because the specs of the system is 4CIF, as you highlighted in bold, but it seems like you were discussing it like it was only CIF and made a comparison to an old VCR. Someone else indicated you were promoting.

* D1 CCTV resolution is 704 x 480 pixels

D1 CCTV resolution is NOT 704 x 480

D1 resolution is 720×486 (NTSC) and 720×576 (PAL)

4CIF resolution is 704×480 (NTSC) and 704×576 (PAL)

I am sorry I was mistaken. I was confusing .cif with 4cif I apologize.