Tim

4 IP Cameras at 30 fps each - package

This was only briefly touched on before in a previous forum..

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=279

Although that's probably from where you got the link. AVCONSULTING might have some more info on it.

They claim that NVR is superior to DVR, and they list their reasons on this

page, saying that NVR can have 1,000 cameras linked to their system. No comment here myself yet since I haven't seen anything further yet than their page, but will look into it further.

http://www.softsite32.com/DVR_VS_NVR.htm

I would say that the DVR v NVR comparison is biased and misleading. It does not give the whole story and is very unbalanced.

Honestly I think it does more harm than good to push a solution in this way. I work with coax and IP and each has its advantages. This NVR v DVR comparison is useless at best.

I agree with Pat. I know the softsite32 software and its not all that great. I have look at others and softsite32 is about 3rd on my list. There is a nice hybrid system that works with IP cameras and dvr boards being released in April.

I agree with Pat. I know the softsite32 software and its not all that great. I have look at others and softsite32 is about 3rd on my list. There is a nice hybrid system that works with IP cameras and dvr boards being released in April.

Well I really would like to ask you which one is number on your list ?

Thanks,Tim

Also

Milestone Xprotect www.milestonesys.com

VCS www.vcs.com

IndigoVision www.indigovision.com

These are all high end IP solutions that offer advantages (cost savings!) over conventional systems. These really come into their own on large scale instalations where the decentralised nature of IP brings savings. If you are looking to replace a small system with true IP then the cost may be prohibitive.