Sign in to follow this  
Umbru

Embedding cam feed on a webpage

Trying to figure out how to pull the live footage off my KGuard dvr and embed it in a webpage google searches have turned up all of one relevant result and it was just the html code that was a bit over my head. Anybody have any clues? It should be possible to pull the individual live feeds from each channel of the dvr as that is basically what the 3rd party phone app I use to access it does I am just having trouble nailing down the particulars.

Trying to figure out how to pull the live footage off my KGuard dvr and embed it in a webpage google searches have turned up all of one relevant result and it was just the html code that was a bit over my head. Anybody have any clues? It should be possible to pull the individual live feeds from each channel of the dvr as that is basically what the 3rd party phone app I use to access it does I am just having trouble nailing down the particulars.

I'm not sure you are going to get much into a web browser without some sort of plugin. It seems most of these lower priced dvrs server up some sort of rstp stream, which isn't handled elegantly by any web browser I'm familiar with. Your best bet is to find the jpeg or tiff location that the unit serves up and do some sort of frequent refresh.

A quick google search shows they might have an SDK available, that might have some more clues on the underlying technology.