Jasper

Need help on choosing cameras for Cocktail Lounge

Hi,

I have been really having a difficult time trying to pick out the proper cameras for my application, which is a ****tail Lounge. My current thinking is 4 color dome cameras’ (3 with varifocal lenses, 2.8 or 3.6-8mm or >) for monitoring the bar area (1 night vision capable) and one color day/night bullet camera to monitor the back room where several coin-operated games and two pool tables with lots of neon signs around the room. Would an IR/Cut filter be necessary to get the proper colors?

1 dome will be mounted from behind the cash register pointing down at the register. My current thinking for behind the bar is: 1 color dome night vision capable camera (in case of break-in), 2 color domes with low light sensitivity and one high resolution dome for over the cash register. I’ve looked at Sanyo, Gantz, Wizkid, Speco, etc

I wish I could provide a link to a few photos to show you the areas, it seems fairly well lit, but I don’t have a site to pull them from at the moment. My budget is about $1000 or so for five cameras. I will be using a Geovison 1240 capture card and software.

I've read through many posts and it seems the consensus is black and white for bar applications, but if a reasonably good quality image can be produced in color, they prefer them.

Any feedback greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Depends on the lighting, if it is always going to be very low lighting, then a day night camera will stay in BW mode anyway, so would be a waste of money, if it gets lighting or day time brings in alot of light and you need to cover that also, then a day night. I just installed the Sanyo Day Night dome in the club down here, he has added much more lighting since originally. I have 1 more to install inside now where it is typically less lighting or Neon lighting, so Ill post some shots after that. That will be this week, he wants to meet tomorrow to take care of it.

I used BW bullets originally for that job, the CVC-325WPSW and it worked (and a couple GE Exview cameras outside), 4-5 years actually and still working, though to do it again Id use vandal domes. A crook ripped down some of the outdoor bullets just a month ago, if they were domes he wouldnt have been able to. It shorted out all the power supply and hence all the cameras connected lost power! But they were okay after a reset. Course he was caught on camera right in front of a few of them at close range, so they know who he is.

Rory

whatever you do don't buy cheap IR domes. I made that mistake on a bar downtown and it cost me a lot of return trips and eventually had to replace them because they were so poor

those, the client got a good deal on 3 of them while in the US on a shipping trip, smallest one, middle one, then one with alot of IR and a 16mm fixed lens, we hooked them up, ended up throwing them in the garbage they looked so bad, and yah know me, Id rather see a BW image or nothing at all, than to see distored color imaging at my appartment

Well I guess I knew in the back of my mind that Black and White was the best choice. Now I can concentrate on finding High Res BW cameras.

This is going to be a big step up for them. They are currently using a 1996 Focus FS-412Q observation system connected to a VCR. I wish I could find the manual on it just to see what the cameras specs were. They work ok, but the bar is going to like the features of the digital system.

Rory, the camera specs on that bullet above look pretty good, that camera can operate up to 90 feet of water? I'll also be interested to see a screen shot from that Sanyo Day/Night dome your installing. What's the model number?

Here is a pic of the back room where I want to put the bullet camera. Wonder if it would be worth it to get something above 420TVL for this camera for sharper image to see someone going in or out of the those two doors?

Any recommendations on the domes would be great.

(Thanks Rory for the host)

Bar%20back%20room%20View.jpg

It would like to think so, Tropical Storm Rita killed the one I had here, this one lasted 5 years! he he .. dead as a door nail now.

If you just want some BW High Res Domes check out the WizKid WZ30 for a fixed lens, and the W46 for a Varifocal Auto Iris lens. White cosmetic housings, and vandal resistant with 5 year warranty. They come in Surface Mount, Flush Mount, or a Pendant wall Mount. WizKid's Day Nights dont have IR Cut Filters though so dont use them for that.

http://www.wizkidoptotech.com/products/index.cfm?img=2

http://www.wizkidoptotech.com/products/index.cfm?img=12

Extreme has even better units but much more $$

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm

For Day Night, would be either the Sanyo

http://www.sanyo.com/industrial/security/cameras/special/index.cfm?productID=766

Panasonic (with Wide Dynamic)

Panasonic Day Night Dome

Extreme EX46MX (link is EX40MNX and MX - MX is Day Night, MNX has IR also)

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm?img=67

EX46MX - they dont have this listed on the site but I have the brochure.

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm?img=20

Other decent Day Night Domes with auto/mech IR Cut Filters are Nuvico and Hunt.

If I missed anyone out please excuse me

Rory

Left one out, my god you responded so fast I thought you were in the next room. Thanks.

I'll be busy for awhile checking those out.

I forgot to mention, the WizKid and Extreme's are better for wall mount apps. So is the Hunt so Im told.

I am in the next room didnt you know