kyferez

Need help identifying these system components

A friend bought a new house with this system in it, and since I'm in IT (computers and networking), he sent me some photos of the setup and wants me to identify the system so we can get it up and running. I've posted several pictures here:

So what I know so far of the devices:

1) Greyfox Residential gateway hub F7810

2) On-Q Alarm panel.

3) Two On-Q devices with cat5 cabling. For PC Network?

4) On-Q POE injector for?

5) Some sort of Camera devices?

And several devices I can't identify what they do.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Decent panel setup, but what a messy install!

Looks like you've identified pretty well what's in there. What is your question?

5) Some sort of Camera devices?

I googled the model number on that (F7638)... first hit was this: http://www.smarthome.com/29088/Cat-5-Camera-Module-F7638/p.aspx

It includes this diagram:

196182_1.jpg

So it appears to be a power/balun unit for use with similarly-spec'd cameras on the other end.

1) Greyfox Residential gateway hub F7810

Googled that part number as well... first hit gave me the same site: http://www.smarthome.com/29004/Structured-Wiring-Distribution-FoxBox-F7810/p.aspx

3) Two On-Q devices with cat5 cabling. For PC Network?

If you mean these: DSC_0285

The unit on the right would probably be the LCD driver module show in the F7638 diagram above. It appears to similarly send video and power over a Cat5 to the monitor, same as the camera module.

The one on the left almost looks like some sort of PoE injector device, but it's completely non-standard (PoE spec is 44VDC; this thing is 24VDC).

The alarm connection diagram looks pretty standard for alarm hookups.

This unit: DSC_0286 - looks like some sort of proprietary control integration unit. If you can find a model number on it (like the Fxxxx numbers above) it should be easy enough to look up more info on it.

A lot of that may be more self-apparent if you can just trace the wiring...

LOL, looks like you pretty much identified everything already but just got lazy and posted here for some help.

Without googling or anything, it looks like it's a video doorbell intercom. Is there a doorbell at the front door

with a camera? Are there intercoms on each room? If so, I installed those awhile ago and they are pretty cool

and extremely easy to program. They self learn each other and have tons of cool ring tones for the door bell.

That alarm system I know nothing about, but does look like it communicates via ethernet, which is much faster

than dial up anyway.

Hi, and thanks for the help.

Soundy, thanks, that helps quite a bit.

Noone commented on this device. Any Ideas:

DSC_0284

Thanks!

PS To you guys berating me about searching: I was hoping someone in the business would recognize a few of the devices that didn't have model numbers visible and that they could also confirm what I had identified was correct. Also, something you have to understand is that the google and other search engines automatically and regularly adjust search results and those results are also skewed to your individual search habits. My point is you shouldn't assume I was lazy because I posted. FYI I searched for hours and couldn't find any useful info on several modules.