fredsk

Need some advices on CCTV for restaurant!

Hey there! Im new on CCTV installations and found this forum. I started to work as IT for a restaurant and they want me to take care of the CCTV system that they installed like 4 years ago.

I started to take a look at the hardware, since we are using PC based DVR and found this:

- The guy that did the CCTV job installed the PC as an office PC and CCTV PC, so all the employees can use the PC for whatever they want (even to delete the recorded videos).

- The capture card is a fake GeoVision card.

- He did a HORRIBLE cable installation, since he put the cable on the roof and didnt protect them. Also you can see a lot of interference when youre watching the cameras.

I would like to know if you guys can help me to make this work. I've already installed three CCTV systems, the three of them were AVerMedia DVR, with Coaxial Siamese cable and analog cameras. The thing is that my boss says that the AVerMedia DVR's are REALLY expensive and we believe that we don't need all the stuff that comes with the DVR, since we just want to check the cameras thru the office PC, iPhone or iPad and check the recording in case that we suspect that something happened.

So, my questions are:

Which DVR would you recommend me to use? Which brand is the best bang for the buck that can provide us what we need?

What cable should I use to make a new installation? UTP+Balun or Coaxial Siamese?

Which power supply do you recommend to make that installation?

We need at least 8 cameras for the restaurant!

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Why not solve problems instead of creating them? What is currently broken?

-Anyone has access to videos?

-Poor cabling?

-Not enough cameras?

give me a call in the office Monday- ask for Matt

800-422-8878 or 631-270-3432, 9-5 EST

If I call, can I ask for Matt's Boss to tell him about your unprofessional blatant spamming of this forum?