Jasper

Toshiba IK-DF01A High Res Color Dome Camera - Any Good?

I was checking out dome cameras and ran across this one, which has a nice 50db S/N. Anyone here have any knowledge or experience with this camera?

.5 lux, is that low enough for putting ove the top of the bar drink serving area?

Thanks

I wouldnt buy it

You're better off with the Ganz D6000 color dome camera if you just want an indoor color dome, as the Ganz is 1/3" while that one is just 1/4".

I wouldnt trust neither of them for low lighting though, neither have the CCD Chip for low decent lighting. Both use the same Chip.

OK, how about this. I have a company that is trying to sell me on some BW/color camera's, square & domes that both use Sony Ex-View Chips have 480TVL and .0003 for BW and .05 for color?

The guy I spoke to couldn't give me the S/N ration and is going to look it up for me. And he claims they some pretty big corporate accounts and named names.

I would mention the name of the company, but I think the dealer forum would be the place for that.

Thanks

Eh!, those cameras suck. Saw example live feeds for both types. Poor auto iris on the BW, not to mention the resolution didn't look so hot either.

The color and BW domes were better, but still not good.

Well that old saying I keep seeing around here is very true "You get what you pay for", usually.

I can't believe Mcdonalds, Burger King and many others are using these crappy cameras. Must be a load of bull?

Its the seller that sells them crap and they dont know any different ... i say if they have the funds, sell them something good, show them the 2 side by side and let them decide.

Yeah and that 0.0003 lux is actually going to be almost 0.03 Lux in reality, if that.