tx-one

Aposonic A-E650 Info out there?

Does anyone have one of these that can tell me how it works before I buy one?

There are ZERO reviews, except for what is posted on newegg.com. For 130$, it seems to be a damn good camera, waterproof and good night cam. But I cant find any image examples.

Thanks!!

Is standalone OK? Any particular reason you looking for a PC based unit?

Any suggestions on a PC DVR for two of these?

I have a computer running 24hrs anyways, so I figured I would use that. The other reason is the DVR cards are usually a little cheaper.

Is standalone OK? Any particular reason you looking for a PC based unit?

I have a computer running 24hrs anyways, so I figured I would use that. The other reason is the DVR cards are usually a little cheaper.

hi. its always best to run a cctv system on its own dedicated PC ..... but aver NV5000 cards are a good price.

hi. its always best to run a cctv system on its own dedicated PC ..... but aver NV5000 cards are a good price.

Oh for sure. I can understand why, too. I will look at the NV5000, but I want to keep the prices around 150$ for the DVR card.

After I say, usually cheaper, I see this here. I'm going to assume this does not have a HDD inside for 79$. But it's something to consider also.

eSecure ES00M140 4 x BNC 1 SATA HDD, 2000GB supported 4 Channel Standalone DVR

+1

I learned the hard way about running DVR software AND doing a bunch of other stuff at the same time. We used to tell our customers that we do not warranty the system that has damage from using the DVR for activities other than surveillance. That is why I like Chance-i DVR systems because you can lock out users from being able to minimize the DVR software. I had a Geovision card in a computer that I used all the time and I know you can minimize the DVR software, I ended up having to change the computers power supply, and I noticed that my onboard video was also damaged.

Edited by Guest

+1

I have enough ' computer ' to do it ok. I Am only going to use two cameras.

I was only using one camera and messed up my computer. Just be warned.

It'll be ok. What was messed up?

The onboard video was damaged and didn't display things properly, and I also had to replace the power supply for the tower. Probably due to the extra load the cpu was under running both the DVR software and whatever processes that were going on. I know when I am viewing my cameras from my laptop, it sure heats up fast and I get a warning about processor usage. Just don't want to see you burn up something on your computer.

Edited by Guest

Awesome link. A lot more info that I wanted to look at. I think this one is good to go.

Just my opinion, go to DVRMart and get

http://www.dvrmart.com/mrt-asp-dvr_divis-cap120a08-pid_653-ctt-product_detail.htm#

Then go to Tiger Direct for this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1409683&CatId=119

You can build yourself a relatively cheap PROFESSIONAL DVR. The only thing you would have to do is put the capture board in, load windows and the DVR software, and you should be good to go. With this card, you shouldn't need any hi-end graphics cards or anything. I have did the same thing and my system has been running for years. The only thing I had to replace is a fan , and a storage drive. But it is a pretty reliable system.

Got it. Well, There are options, and I'm not opposed to the DVR. Just the 300$ pricetags

The onboard video was damaged and didn't display things properly, and I also had to replace the power supply for the tower. Probably due to the extra load the cpu was under running both the DVR software and whatever processes that were going on. I know when I am viewing my cameras from my laptop, it sure heats up fast and I get a warning about processor usage. Just don't want to see you burn up something on your computer.

Yeah thats a good system. My problem is I Want to keep the cost down. With the PC and DVR card there and only one camera, thats 1000$.

Geovision GV-600B-4ch Video Capture Card's are 115$ on ebay.

Awesome link. A lot more info that I wanted to look at. I think this one is good to go.

Just my opinion, go to DVRMart and get

http://www.dvrmart.com/mrt-asp-dvr_divis-cap120a08-pid_653-ctt-product_detail.htm#

Then go to Tiger Direct for this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1409683&CatId=119

You can build yourself a relatively cheap PROFESSIONAL DVR. The only thing you would have to do is put the capture board in, load windows and the DVR software, and you should be good to go. With this card, you shouldn't need any hi-end graphics cards or anything. I have did the same thing and my system has been running for years. The only thing I had to replace is a fan , and a storage drive. But it is a pretty reliable system.

this is were the forum saves you money. geo does not sell on ebay and they dont support ebay or amazon sellers.

geo are the most copied cards on the market. you will have no updates or firmware support.

if you are only looking for a 4 way card look at the NV3000 MP on 1 channel other 3 analog or all 4 analog and cheaper than geo from a distributor.

That figures! I am not surprised though that someone copied it and posted it on ebay.

Are there ANY good cards that run in the 150$ range?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/854741-REG/NUUO_SCB_G3_1004_SC1004_Software_Capture_Card.html

How about a model like this for 109$ ?

this is were the forum saves you money. geo does not sell on ebay and they dont support ebay or amazon sellers.

geo are the most copied cards on the market. you will have no updates or firmware support.

if you are only looking for a 4 way card look at the NV3000 MP on 1 channel other 3 analog or all 4 analog and cheaper than geo from a distributor.

This comes out to around 360$ at newegg. What do you guys think? worthwhile?

3.5 inch TFT Color LCD Mini Monitor for Security CCTV Camera Car DVR Monitor

Item #: 9SIA0U008T5267

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Aposonic A-E650 650 TV Lines MAX Resolution Sony Effio Day & Night Vision 36 IR LEDs CCTV Surveillance Camera

Aposonic A-S0401R21 4 x BNC Support: 1 x 3.5" SATA HDD up to 2TB each Multi-functional DVR

Item #: N82E16881338085

Here's why I shy away from a brands like Aposonic: visit the company website and try to find some support for their product. Very slim, if any. Try and find a manual, firmware or software - many of their models list nothing. In my opinion you're purchasing an unknown product with little to no self help support - and who knows what kind of phone or email support they provide?

If you decide this is what you really want the best I can offer is this: "don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed."

Here's why I shy away from a brands like Aposonic: visit the company website and try to find some support for their product. Very slim, if any. Try and find a manual, firmware or software - many of their models list nothing. In my opinion you're purchasing an unknown product with little to no self help support - and who knows what kind of phone or email support they provide?

If you decide this is what you really want the best I can offer is this: "don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed."

Well at the same time, I agree with you. But I cant justify spending 500, 600, 700$ for this gear. It's for the house, nothing critical.

Is there a stand-alone DVR you suggest? ( I know kind of off topic now but )

Maybe :

Zmodo DVR-H9108V 8 x BNC Support up to 1TB SATA HDD 8 Channel CCTV Security Surveillance Security DVR - 3G Mobile

This one here ?

Well, Zmodo seems to offer better support (at least you can find a manual) and they have some live demos and video samples available on their website. Just from their online presence, Zmodo seems to be more professional than Aposonic.

The interface looks very similar to some QSee systems I purchased a couple of years ago. I tend to view QSee, Night Owl & ZModo as marketing companies selling very similar product from the same manufacturers, just rebranded under different names. Inexpensive stuff, but may be just what you're looking for. I was very pleased with the video quality from the inexpensive QSee systems I purchased, but they had a lack of features and other issues that developed over time (not recording, shutting down, missing segments, playback issues).

For a first system I think it will be OK. You may find yourself wanting something better as time goes on, or maybe not. If this serves your purpose, go for it. Nothing wrong with that.

Sounds like a better option then from what I've seen here. It does not increase the cost much, and will keep the DVR off of my computer which is better in the long run anyways.

I will have to buy another UPS though to run it off of. We have power voltage fluctuations here. I have like 8 of them in the house on computers, TVs etc.

The extra 100$ is not a big deal and likely worth while considering your experience with the companies and how they portray themselves online. It only made the total come out a little higher at 426$.

Thanks! I'll post a follow up sometime when I have it running. I'll have to buy some coax from monoprice and get at least one camera up before I can report much on it. The reviews on newegg for that zmoto are pretty good, and they are usually pretty accurate on newegg.

Greatly appreciate the input on this from you guys.

Well, Zmodo seems to offer better support (at least you can find a manual) and they have some live demos and video samples available on their website. Just from their online presence, Zmodo seems to be more professional than Aposonic.

The interface looks very similar to some QSee systems I purchased a couple of years ago. I tend to view QSee, Night Owl & ZModo as marketing companies selling very similar product from the same manufacturers, just rebranded under different names. Inexpensive stuff, but may be just what you're looking for. I was very pleased with the video quality from the inexpensive QSee systems I purchased, but they had a lack of features and other issues that developed over time (not recording, shutting down, missing segments, playback issues).

For a first system I think it will be OK. You may find yourself wanting something better as time goes on, or maybe not. If this serves your purpose, go for it. Nothing wrong with that.

Camera and DVR came in today. Looks nice.

Didn't know I would need a power supply for the camera. Annoying actually they dont supply power. JeesH!

Any suggestions on power for this unit?