mr ngoma

Video balun

Video baluns are BALanced to UNbalanced impedance matching transformers. They are used to match the 75^ characteristic impedance of video camera O/Ps to transmission lines of various impedances ( usually 120^ cat 5/6 ) If your cameras are already running on 75^ coax and you have video quality issues then using a balun will be of no help & will actually degrade the video further.

Yes, you can use Baluns.

A Balun however will not improve your picture, except if there is a problem with the cable that you are using right now and you are planning to replace the old cable when installing the balun.

Dear all,

can I use normal video balun in NTSC camera?

Please assists, if not what can I use instead as I want to improve picture quality!

Thanks in advance!

erasto@comsec.cotz

You should be able to use a passive balun (no power) and get about 1200 feet in color and 2000 feet in B/W.

If you use an active balun receiver, then you can improve the picture quality. Keep in mind that the words "picture quality" is rarely used with baluns.

Okay, if I understand your drawing correctly, you want to transmit the actual camera signal over power lines. This is possible, but POE has nothing to do with it.

POE is a standard to get power to an IP camera using only 1 Network cable (Cat5). This one cable can then transport the data from the camera to the DVR/NVR and also power the camera at the same time.

What you try to do is basically the opposite, to transmit data over an existing power cable. This is referred to as "Power line communication". There are many products on the market that can create a computer network over power cable. Here for example: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=1657&model=TL-PA211KIT

You will not need a video balun, but an encoder that makes your analogue camera signal into an IP camera signal (you could also just use an IP camera instead). This device is called a video encoder. Here: http://www.axis.com/products/cam_m7001/index.htm

If you want to record to a DVR you will need a video decoder again. This is rather complex and I would really recommend to just take an IP camera. You will also need an NVR then instead of a DVR.

Untitled.png.a399995c000836ff93ea14ba75bf5ac8.png

484551262_Untitled2.PNG.771aaae07caaf5edf013b4f4fc9534e2.PNG