n0fx

Dahua DVR Raid 1 Setup for HDD Mirroring

Anyone know how to setup Raid 1 for the Dahua DVRs? I have the 3204HF-S and I see you can setup HDD groups and assign channels to the group but I don't see any options on how to setup Raid 1 with it? I want to mirror one hard drive, so if one dies, the other one will still work and record, so it gives me time to replace the defective hard drive and the DVR will automatically resync the data from the good hard drive into the new freshly installed on (just like a PC, NAS, server, etc). The technical specs say it does RAID and I'm hoping it's not just a simple RAID 5 (dahua website doesn't specify what type of raid it supports exactly). Right now, I just have 4 hard drives setup as one HDD group and all the storage is aggregated.

Hi

Did you do figure out if this dvr has mirroring capabilities ? I read from the manual that you must specify a hard disk as redundant, You say that you grouped all 4 hard drives in 1 group so by the manual you can not enable the redundant capability. In order to do that you have to break one of your hard drives from the group and set it from disk management as redundant. After that the manual says you have to go to the schedule menu and enable the redundancy in the cameras that you want.

If you manage to do that, please tell me if this works ok and with out glitches

Hi

Did you do figure out if this dvr has mirroring capabilities ? I read from the manual that you must specify a hard disk as redundant, You say that you grouped all 4 hard drives in 1 group so by the manual you can not enable the redundant capability. In order to do that you have to break one of your hard drives from the group and set it from disk management as redundant. After that the manual says you have to go to the schedule menu and enable the redundancy in the cameras that you want.

If you manage to do that, please tell me if this works ok and with out glitches

Do you happen to know where I can download the manual for this DVR? Dahua's site really lacks it and doesn't have specific manuals, maybe I'm getting the wrong one. The manual is pretty hard to understand. Can you send me a copy? Thanks.