Sign in to follow this  
cavcom

Anybody heard of e-line? They have a 4g camera coming out.

I'm thinking if this was to be viewed remotely all month the bandwidth caps imposed by wireless providers would be reached within a few days, if not sooner. Even if the wireless plan calls for unlimited bandwidth, it's not truly unlimited - but that's a discussion for another time.

From their website: "All wireless systems claim to be cable-free, but our 4G cameras truly are."

Oh yeah? What about power? Last time I chacked, power required a cable.

I tested a 4G camera from Brickcom on my blog. Did not try the 4G part, but the wireless part was awesome. Clearly with 4G limitations, it's just to view occasional video, not as a 24/7 camera. Also, if you can record in megapixel resolution, but view a different lower frame rate, lower resolution stream across 4G, you can save a lot of bandwidth.

From their website: "All wireless systems claim to be cable-free, but our 4G cameras truly are."

Oh yeah? What about power? Last time I chacked, power required a cable.

Likely you missed the "cloud" part. Since there are angels in the cloud everything just magically happens in ways we just don't understand...

So... Can you set this to record when motion is detected and it then sends an email to let you know that an event has occurred? Do you then have the power to remotely login to the camera to review the event recorded? How noticeable are the IR led's?