clickonce

What is difference between Normal Monitor and Special Monito

I have a project need to use avtech camera with high solution and i want to a best solution for manager. i found a special monitor for serveillance system at an online retailer. but i don't know what is difference between a normal monitor and special monitor.

please help me.

Thanks

When is normal and one is special. The special one talks weird and acts weird. All the other monitors usually

pick on the 'special' monitor for being different.

I have a project need to use avtech camera with high solution and i want to a best solution for manager. i found a special monitor for serveillance system at an online retailer. but i don't know what is difference between a normal monitor and special monitor.

please help me.

Thanks

Sometimes in 2007, DVRs started to be manufactured with VGA output and the overpriced CCTV monitors were starting to lose their market share as anyone could go to a national electronics store and pick up a VGA input monitor and plug the DVR in. Apparently, these DVRs took off a little more than other models without, and then the rest of the industry followed. Now we have DVI and HDMI connectors.

Today, the same is true. Many manufacturers will tell you that they use a "Special" LCD panel, etc and etc, but the bottom line is simple. They are the same LCD monitors that you can find in any electronics store. So often times, these CCTV monitors are 3 to 4 times higher in price than consumer TVs, or monitors. "They come with 3 year warranty, etc etc".

The truth is that you will find cheaper, better, brighter, sharper, lighter TVs out there and if they break in a year, you can buy another one for the fraction of the cost of the CCTV monitors. Why would you want to pay more for a "special" CCTV monitor which does the same exact thing that a consumer TV does?

I have 3 LCD monitors, all consumer 1 32" from 2005, 1 32" from 2007 and 1 52" from 2008. Granted that they are not on all the time, I've tested plenty of consumer monitors with CCTV products for 24/7 usage and they were all fine.